Direct Play issues (HEVC) in some devices, with DS220+

gtavo

Good morning everyone, I am experiencing some annoying errors when playing (Direct play) HEVC content on some android devices (Phone and Android TV Box) and LG TV, however on my ipad there is no problem.

The errors are small jumps, pauses and that the reproduction stops, needing to exit and enter again to continue.

In the android tv box, when you press the option to correct playback errors, it begins to transcode and it barely has a small jump.

I have tried many things, especially with the subtitles, deactivate them, use srt instead of the embedded ones...
What logs do I have to upload so you can see if I can change something? (I have uploaded some, tell me if you need anything else...)
From Kodi I don't have any of these problems, but I prefer Emby (I have a premiere subscription)

embyserver-63799315200.txt ffmpeg-transcode-117531ee-03a0-4463-8989-770217131865_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-3a9e8ac1-e649-4def-abe6-82a4ec82a0c9_1.txt hardware_detection-63799521345.txt embyserver.txt

• 1 month later...

@gtavo are you still having an issue with this? Have you updated to Emby Server 4.7.8 and the latest version of the Emby Android TV app?

6 hours ago, Luke said:

@gtavo are you still having an issue with this? Have you updated to Emby Server 4.7.8 and the latest version of the Emby Android TV app?

Yes, with android still having the same issue.

With the LG (webos) app, doesn't happen now, some glitches from time to time but is fine

With the browser (chrome - windows 11) it doesn't load (emby) gets frozen in the emby splash screen (http://192.168.18.6:8096/web/index.html)(file attached)

2022-11-06.png

• 3 months later...

With the browser (chrome - windows 11) it doesn't load (emby) gets frozen in the emby splash screen 

Can you try clearing browsing data and seeing if that helps?