Playing from Emby Playlist

nuentes

quickmic
1 minute ago, nuentes said:

My hero! I needed to re-add the widget to the home screen, but it was great after that.

Not too soon, this is a prove of concept version. e.g. the reset resume position/watched status is not working via widgets.

nuentes

Actually, there's a third issue. After a Kodi restart, the widget will fail to load, and will just be blank. Simply reloading the skin brings the widget back.

quickmic
3 minutes ago, nuentes said:

Actually, there's a third issue. After a Kodi restart, the widget will fail to load, and will just be blank. Simply reloading the skin brings the widget back.

Yes, also on my list. Not actually a plugin issue, but the skin (helpers) are not loading them correctly. Restart Kodi and it will  90% work. Bit of a gamble at the moment, looks like a timing issue and those are the worst. Especially, if they are out of my (the plugin's) control.

Edited by quickmic

nuentes
On 11/20/2022 at 6:35 AM, quickmic said:

Apologies for the delay. I just finally updated. It required a Kodi restart, but it seems to be working still. Can you please tell me what changed? Nothing super obvious to me at the moment. I did notice that the widget worked directly from my Kodi restart, but I am still having trouble with STRM files.

quickmic

STRM file: I assume you are talking about those these files in your playlist?

/mnt/2TB_1/Completed/Youtube/Gordon Ramsay/2019/2019-11-21 Gordon Ramsay Challenges Hells Kitchen Contestant To A Thanksgiving Leftover Dish Ramsay In 10.strm

Please post the content of the strm file. I think it's a link to youtube?

Can you please tell me what changed?

Do you really wanna know, it's about technical details. Kodi's listitems (the content link/path + metadata e.g. an episode) used for the view is handled differently for (custom -> not in Kodi's database) widgets. If content is included in Kodi's database, playback was fine from widget (synced content) and no further action required.

If a dynamic content listitem is played from a listview (not from a widget), also fine. The listviews had always correct metadata assigned even for widgets (if you just focused a widget you saw the info). However, if you played the content via widget, Kodi did not use those listitem metadata and I had to assign AGAIN the same metadata to Kodi's player. This is not necessary for listitems player from a listview. Here the played used the (already existing listitems metadata). Imho a Kodi design flaw.

The second problem was, assigning metadata to "folder" listitems. Kodi (sometimes) just crashed or didn't show the node content (unstable) even if the metadata are correct. If this happened, all nodes could be affected, not just the folder nodes. So I removed metadata from folders. Imho also a Kodi bug.

Edited by quickmic

nuentes
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

STRM file: I assume you are talking about those these files in your playlist?

/mnt/2TB_1/Completed/Youtube/Gordon Ramsay/2019/2019-11-21 Gordon Ramsay Challenges Hells Kitchen Contestant To A Thanksgiving Leftover Dish Ramsay In 10.strm

Please post the content of the strm file. I think it's a link to youtube?

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=_3ZayJoxuqI

Thanks for the details - but I meant more - what changed on my end, and what should I be looking for? But I appreciate all the work you're putting into this!

• Thanks 1

quickmic
3 hours ago, nuentes said:

Thanks for the details - but I meant more - what changed on my end, and what should I be looking for? But I appreciate all the work you're putting into this!

Just if the widget playback is now working -> no metadata issues, no crashed, proper widget loading.

btw, I think I know the issue -> plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=_3ZayJoxuqI

I assume dynamic content listitem are not respecting the "plugin://" prefix.

nuentes
10 hours ago, quickmic said:

Getting really close here! I played a STRM file without issue. Huge step forward. OSD was great the whole time. Then I tried to play a different video from the same widget (regular video, not a STRM), and got the old OSD again. I stopped the video and started it from the same widget again, and the OSD was correct that time.

• Like 1

quickmic
12 hours ago, nuentes said:

I stopped the video and started it from the same widget again, and the OSD was correct that time.

Yep, had this too. I look into it.

Edited by quickmic

• 3 weeks later...
nuentes
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Try this version:

It should improve stability, also playlist widgets queroes data from Kodi's internal database, if the playlist includes synced content.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.13.1-build 5.zip 6.53 MB · 0 downloads

Awesome. I just installed and will test after my db reset.

Also, I've been using 7.11, and recently started getting the prompts to reboot because of changes to advancedsettings.xml, even though it hasn't been modified in weeks. I've brought this up with you a few times. I have a log it you need it.

quickmic

Awesome. I just installed and will test after my db reset.

Also, I've been using 7.11, and recently started getting the prompts to reboot because of changes to advancedsettings.xml, even though it hasn't been modified in weeks. I've brought this up with you a few times. I have a log it you need it.

I need the advancedsettings.xml

I think it's corrupted.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, nuentes said:

There's not a lot on there. I was able to open it and read it the other day just fine.

advancedsettings.xml 473 B · 0 downloads

Looks ok to me too.

Anyway, try to remove it. It will be rebuild... btw, if you use Kodi profiles, there are additional advancedsettings.xml.

In case, are they also correct?

nuentes
Just now, quickmic said:

Looks ok to me too.

Anyway, try to remove it. It will be rebuild... btw, if you use Kodi profiles, there are additional advancedsettings.xml.

I don't use profiles.

nuentes

This new build is awesome. Getting metadata every time. It's damn near perfect. The only issue is with movies. My skin is reporting every movie as "in progress". When I start the movie, it begins at the start, but they all show on the skin that I'm about 25% complete. TV episodes are perfect.

quickmic

This new build is awesome. Getting metadata every time. It's damn near perfect. The only issue is with movies. My skin is reporting every movie as "in progress". When I start the movie, it begins at the start, but they all show on the skin that I'm about 25% complete. TV episodes are perfect.

Ok, I'll check on that.

nuentes
23 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Looks ok to me too.

I deleted, and a new one was rebuilt which I edited to add my path substitution back in, and have applied the new one in Kodi. I'll let you know if it keeps happening.

• Thanks 1