Movie image fetchers information

justinrh

justinrh

I need help understanding the library "Movie Image Fetchers".
image.png.f74e0e1693544b726a9477f7178aaeb3.png

1) Does the metadata fetcher not download images?  (Thus requiring this image fetcher.)

2) If the metadata fetcher does download images, then what is different about the image fetcher and does its images overwrite the metadata fetcher's stuff?

3) How do I know which images I need to fetch?  Where and when does each image type show in Emby?
image.png.6f4baa262464026b3e3a212bd35e0794.png

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, justinrh said:

1) Does the metadata fetcher not download images?  (Thus requiring this image fetcher.)

Correct

2 minutes ago, justinrh said:

2) If the metadata fetcher does download images, then what is different about the image fetcher and does its images overwrite the metadata fetcher's stuff?

It is just a matter of where images come from as FanArt.tv does not provide metadata but is my first image provider.  Metadata really does not have anything to do with images.

4 minutes ago, justinrh said:

3) How do I know which images I need to fetch?  Where and when does each image type show in Emby?

Personal preference as Kodi is possibly the only client that may use all images.

Don't know of anywhere that uses Art, but Poster, Banner, Disc, Logo, Thumb are all self explanatory.  But Views has options for all of them assuming you you have the image to present.

• Thanks 1

justinrh
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

but Poster, Banner, Disc, Logo, Thumb are all self explanatory.

They are not self-explanatory to me.

It seems like too many variations on the same thing.  (Just a short rant there.)

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, justinrh said:
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

but Poster, Banner, Disc, Logo, Thumb are all self explanatory.

They are not self-explanatory to me.

It seems like too many variations on the same thing.  (Just a short rant there.)

Views can use the image if you have them.

image.png.44a5b5473b0b5db5f4e99d52da1b37d4.png

But Posters are used almost everywhere, Thumb in CW/Next Up. Discs for Collections if you use Coverart.

Outside of Views Banners are not used and Art is not used anywhere in Emby.