No images

jriker1

Recently noticed that some new uploads into Emby aren't getting images.  Below is an example:

Application version: 4.7.6.0version: 4.7.6.0

image.thumb.png.cf1851a555917ccde949984199345561.png

So B&B is a new entry as well for this week but populated but the other three shows it obviously identified them but the pictures are dead.

May be related to the below but not sure.  Seems like something I've seen with builds in the past:

2022-09-20 05:43:29.490 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: C:\Users\jriker\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\ffprobe.exe -i file:"\\mce\d$\DuckieTVShows\SEAL Team\Season 6\S6E1 - Episode 1.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2022-09-20 05:43:29.559 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2022-09-20 05:43:29.565 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/71789/season/6/episode/1?api_key=x_secret1_x&append_to_response=images,external_ids,credits,videos&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2022-09-20 05:43:29.665 Info HttpClient: GET https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/series/328686/episodes/official?page=0
2022-09-20 05:43:29.736 Error App: Error in TheTVDB
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.7.6.0
    Command line: C:\Users\jriker\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.14393
    Framework: .NET 6.0.7
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Users/jriker/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 24
    Data path: C:\Users\jriker\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application path: C:\Users\jriker\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at Tvdb.EntryPoint.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions request, String method)
       at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.FetchEpisodes(String url, Int32 page, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.FetchEpisodesWithAllPages(String url, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.FetchMainResult(String seriesId, String seasonType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.EnsureEpisodesInfo(String id, String seasonType, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.GetEpisodeData(EpisodeInfo searchInfo, Boolean fillExtendedInfo, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.GetMetadata(RemoteMetadataFetchOptions`1 options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Edited by jriker1

Happy2Play

Probably need to see the full server log as that error is for metadata no images.  But from the image those are broken images so that would suggest Emby got images that are not where they are supposed to be.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Have you adjusted security in any way?

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
	 ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed because the remote party sent a TLS alert: 'HandshakeFailure'.

22 hours ago, jriker1 said:

Isn't this a 2016 version of Windows 10?

I have made no changes in a long time and yes this is Windows 2016.

Also no VPN.

What I can say is if I go to one of the URLS that give the SSL error thru Chrome on the physical Emby server it returns the image:

image.thumb.png.8bb9711318e42119607339be2c0e8bc6.png

image.png

Edited by jriker1

Happy2Play

Will have to test on my server 2016 and see if it still works.

But your log above only applies to FanArt.tv images.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, jriker1 said:

What I can say is if I go to one of the URLS that give the SSL error thru Chrome on the physical Emby server it returns the image:

All I can say is I tested on WSE2016 and had no issue but know I had to made TLS 1.2 changes in the past

Enable TLS 1.2 on servers - Configuration Manager | Microsoft Learn

So unless this was a temporary issue with FanArt.tv as they are known to have issues, I am not sure.  But the "Handshake" error suggests Cipher Suite issues.  But 2016 should have the 1.2 suites required.

static.fanart.tv

image.png.d22f0eda35f758c38f8e4ff6cbd7b505.png

assets.fanart.tv

image.png.66683222c104d76ec9559b3a7761f5d6.png

As SSL Labs runs against static and assest on assets.fanart.tv test.

What is your image provider order?

Edited by Happy2Play

Think this is the area you are referring to:

image.png.77258a71db603d72e8c1a6417dc53757.png

image.png.dbccc6846a388f7b80de189aed49e306.png

Also as mentioned above what I don't get and maybe outside my simple thought process but you have this:

2022-09-21 16:37:20.545 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/tv/328686/tvposter/seal-team-5d812b681c51c.jpg
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.7.6.0
    Command line: C:\Users\jriker\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Framework: .NET 6.0.7
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Users/jriker/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 24
    Data path: C:\Users\jriker\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application path: C:\Users\jriker\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
     ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed because the remote party sent a TLS alert: 'HandshakeFailure'.

---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80090326): The message received was unexpected or badly formatted.
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ForceAuthenticationAsync[TIOAdapter](TIOAdapter adapter, Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] reAuthenticationData, Boolean isApm)
       at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.EstablishSslConnectionAsync(SslClientAuthenticationOptions sslOptions, HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Stream stream, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.EstablishSslConnectionAsync(SslClientAuthenticationOptions sslOptions, HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Stream stream, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.AddHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSourceWithCancellation`1.WaitWithCancellationAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.DiagnosticsHandler.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<SendAsync>g__Core|83_0(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts, CancellationToken originalCancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
    Source: System.Net.Http
    InnerException: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed because the remote party sent a TLS alert: 'HandshakeFailure'.
    Source: System.Net.Security
       at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ForceAuthenticationAsync[TIOAdapter](TIOAdapter adapter, Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] reAuthenticationData, Boolean isApm)
    InnerException: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The message received was unexpected or badly formatted.
    Source: 
    TargetSite:

But as shown I can go on the Windows 20106 server, paste in that URL in Chrome and the image comes up so shows it can be accessed from the server.

Edited by jriker1

In case it makes a difference, the beta server has a newer .net runtime, which may help. We'll be releasing a 4.7.7 release any day now that will also have it.

Upgraded to the beta version  no joy.  What I'm trying to figure out is:

2022-09-23 11:20:26.190 Info HttpClient: GET https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/tv/348851/tvthumb/the-neighborhood-5d8346c856d72.jpg
2022-09-23 11:20:26.201 Info HttpClient: GET https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/5d88de0875d43.jpg
2022-09-23 11:20:26.202 Info HttpClient: GET https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/5d2f4eb7c250d.jpg
2022-09-23 11:20:31.029 Info HttpClient: GET https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/tv/328686/tvposter/seal-team-5d812b681c51c.jpg
2022-09-23 11:20:35.652 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/tv/348851/tvthumb/the-neighborhood-5d8346c856d72.jpg

Seems like it is always specific to assets.fanart.tv.  Seal Team same deal.

Some other shows like 9-1-1 that haven't been on my server for a while and just started broadcasting again show up fine.  But I also don't see the same get requests either.

Edited by jriker1

I can search for new images but fanart is as below

image.thumb.png.640d211b722d107f1bdc1953d07eb31d.png

Seal Team technically all blank

image.thumb.png.1f3b158803f8108228745a649f67c505.png

But all but Thumbs I can at least search and return some images Thumbs just has the fanart dead links.

image.png

Edited by jriker1

Happy2Play

To me still point to TLS 1.2 issue on this machine as FanArt has harder security then TVDB.

TVDB images is still using/allowning previous TLS version on image server.

image.png.f2ac8b9cad38403dac004f553dc327a7.png

I would assume they would fail also if 1.0 and 1.1 were disabled.

Edited by Happy2Play

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

To me still point to TLS 1.2 issue on this machine as FanArt has harder security then TVDB.

TVDB images is still using/allowning previous TLS version on image server.

image.png.f2ac8b9cad38403dac004f553dc327a7.png

I would assume they would fail also if 1.0 and 1.1 were disabled.

Yes I think that's exactly it.

Thanks so can someone educate me on the part I keep going back to?  If I can go on the same server and go to that URL with a browser fine, why does thru Emby it fail?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 10:53 PM, jriker1 said:

Thanks so can someone educate me on the part I keep going back to?  If I can go on the same server and go to that URL with a browser fine, why does thru Emby it fail?

@jriker1 it's possible the browser has all of it's networking self-contained and doesn't rely on operating system support for various TLS versions. Emby Server is built with the .NET runtime and it's networking stack utilizes what the operating system provides.

Maybe we can report this to fanart and see if they'll consider enabling older ciphers to accommodate Windows 7.

Happy2Play

Still not sure here as my Server 2016 is not having issues with FanArt.tv. 

@Lukeis the UI and Edit image showing broken images do to the Download in Advance option?

OP images

image.png

image.png

At the same time with FanArt being secondary provider I don't see how this is an issue except for image type that are only available from them.  Unless provider order was changed over.

Also fired up my Windows 7 Hyper-V install and fanart worked there also.  Only error I got was getting is a plugin error from Emby.

2022-10-09 18:17:51.508 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://embydata.com/admin/service/packageFiles/Emby.Dlna.dll_1.0.89.exe
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.10
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Framework: .NET 6.0.9
	OS/Process: x86/x86
	Runtime: C:/Users/Media/Desktop/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 1
	Data path: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Emby-Server\system
	 ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80090326): The message received was unexpected or badly formatted.
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.AddHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSourceWithCancellation`1.WaitWithCancellationAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<SendAsync>g__Core|83_0(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts, CancellationToken originalCancellationToken)
	InnerException: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed because the remote party sent a TLS alert: 'HandshakeFailure'.
	InnerException: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The message received was unexpected or badly formatted.
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

Don't think beta should be an issue here.

3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Still not sure here as my Server 2016 is not having issues with FanArt.tv. 

@Lukeis the UI and Edit image showing broken images do to the Download in Advance option?

OP images

image.png

image.png

At the same time with FanArt being secondary provider I don't see how this is an issue except for image type that are only available from them.  Unless provider order was changed over.

Also fired up my Windows 7 Hyper-V install and fanart worked there also.  Only error I got was getting is a plugin error from Emby.

2022-10-09 18:17:51.508 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://embydata.com/admin/service/packageFiles/Emby.Dlna.dll_1.0.89.exe
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.10
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Framework: .NET 6.0.9
	OS/Process: x86/x86
	Runtime: C:/Users/Media/Desktop/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 1
	Data path: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Emby-Server\system
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

Don't think beta should be an issue here.

I would need to see the complete log file in order to answer that.

jriker1
On 10/10/2022 at 12:29 AM, Luke said:

I would need to see the complete log file in order to answer that.

My log before is in this thread.

Happy2Play

@jriker1 What does the browser console show for those broken images?

What is your library download in advance setting?

But to me there is something wonky with this systems TLS.

Have you ever used IISCrypto?