Identification via ID shall display all results

moses19850

moses19850

Hi,

as I have troubles with my mixed folder, I thought a change will help me

When you have a mixed folder, the automatic scan identifies one folder as tv-show, you have no chance to declare it as movie.

My idea now: When you try to identify the folder / content via ID, then it shall display all results, not only the ones for which it is defined.

I don't know if this is feasible

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, I don't quite understand what you're getting at. Can you please provide an example? Thanks.

The ability to force identify TV or Movie no matter what auto detection thinks it is.  As right now if detect classifies it as TV you cannot identify it as Movie or vice versa.

But in OP other topic media had item nfo and tvshow.nfo in the folder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
rbjtech
36 minutes ago, moses19850 said:

Will this ever be implementend?

Thanks

I'm fully with you on the feature request - but if you have a particular item that is causing issues, then you can always add the provider id in square brackets as part of the folder name - and it should force the identification. ie

Rabbit Hole (2023) [tvdbID=415584]
Fast X (2023) [tmdbId=385687]

You can also use imdbid

https://emby.media/support/articles/Movie-Naming.html#id-tags-in-folder--file-names

• Like 1

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

I'm fully with you on the feature request - but if you have a particular item that is causing issues, then you can always add the provider id in square brackets as part of the folder name - and it should force the identification. ie

Rabbit Hole (2023) [tvdbID=415584]
Fast X (2023) [tmdbId=385687]

You can also use imdbid

https://emby.media/support/articles/Movie-Naming.html#id-tags-in-folder--file-names

That actually ain't fully bulletproof solution (depending on providerid used) in case of Mixed-content libraries as discussed in this thread, as providers are queried by type - in case of standard (Movie or TV shows)-type libraries that ain't the issue, but if an item was mis-type-idendified(?) in Mixed-content library:

On 9/20/2022 at 7:33 PM, moses19850 said:

When you have a mixed folder, the automatic scan identifies one folder as tv-show, you have no chance to declare it as movie

providerid in the foldername would just return different item of that type, still erroneous.

Edited by GrimReaper

rbjtech
30 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

That actually ain't fully bulletproof solution (depending on providerid used) in case of Mixed-content libraries as discussed in this thread, as providers are queried by type - in case of standard (Movie or TV shows)-type libraries that ain't the issue, but if an item was mis-type-idendified(?) in Mixed-content library:

providerid in the foldername would just return different item of that type, still erroneous.

Hmm - well on a mixed content library with exactly the same name, exactly the same year, one being a TV series, one being a Movie - using the provider id - it matches it perfectly ...

So yes, nothing is bulletproof, but it's a valid solution if the OP wants to simply add the providerid.

This is using the default providers - I setup a mixed library to test this myself, as I have never had an issue if I use the providerid in the folder name (which I do automatically ..)

image.png.807283ad8425e27a156d29e009b3b4f5.png

image.png.f3f95f5a00f3b375d3ef61a314392d13.png

Edited by rbjtech