8.1 Store app does not enter season folders

politby

politby

Hi folks,

I have just installed the app on a machine that I recently upgraded to windows 10 Technical Preview.

In the TV library, when entering a TV show, I can navigate through the overall show information. But when I want to go to a season by selecting its poster and hitting return or clicking the mouse, nothing happens. The poster is highlighted in the normal way, but the season is never opened. The behavior is the same if I navigate to the TV show by way of the Folders view.

This, obviously, makes it impossible to select an episode for playback. :)

Movies are not affected by this problem since there is only one folder level, i.e. the movie file is directly in the top-level movie folder.

It seems the app is unable to go below one level of folders.

Unfortunately I cannot say if this problem is related to the windows 10 tech preview, because I cannot test on Windows 8.1. Other than this particular machine, all I have are systems running Windows 7.

Anyone else observe this behavior?

Edited by politby

politby

Are you running MBT or the Windows 8.1 Store app?

Windows 8.1 Store app. Typo in the title and I can't seem to be able to edit the title...

SikSlayer

I can confirm it. I noticed this in the Windows 10 preview and thought it might have just been that. But testing it out on my Win 8.1 tablet, the bug is there.

SikSlayer

7, this one looks ok in the brand new build youre prepping fyi.

Good to hear.

Vicpa

Hi

Maybe I am not following the scenario, but this seem to be working for me. Drill down  .....   TV - All - Select Show (ie Bones) - Select Season (9) - See episodes - Select One - Play.

My versions are in  my signature. I am running on x86 laptop vs arm if that makes any difference.

If I can provide anything to help troubleshoot let me know.