Epg Recording Issue

iiiJoe

Hello to all! Experiencing a small issue with my guide and scheduled recordings. When I do a series recording on certain shows, (the one circled in red does record) the recording symbol shows on the guide but is greyed out. I need to hit the record button to make the symbol turn red but then sometime later the symbol will become greyed out again and will not record. I have the series set to record all episodes at any time and I’ve restarted the server several times over the last week or so but the issue remains. Maybe there’s a setting I’m missing? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

D05C6152-E1D6-4B52-856A-3103B8FA6502.jpeg

F584EF06-44FF-4837-ABC8-C4CE7248B716.jpeg

Edited by iiiJoe

Hi, rather than record individual episodes manually, let's look at the series recording options. What do those look like?

Hi, Luke. That’s the thing, I’m not recording individual episodes. I’m doing series recordings as indicated by the arrow next to the circle. If I were only doing a single recording there would only be a circle (with no arrow). Which is why it’s so perplexing that they grey out and don’t record unless I hit the record button. But even then they sometimes revert back to grey after 15 min or so. It’s very peculiar. Here’s a pic of my series settings for all of the programs that I’ve been having trouble with that were in the previous pics. Thank you for responding and sorry it took me so long to get back. 

4B92B0F0-E6BB-4CA6-B669-0A0255EDE43A.jpeg

Luke, I think I may have figured this out. It appears the shows in question are repeated early in the morning the following day and even though the "airtime" said anytime the recording was defaulting to the second showing of the program. So I just stipulated that the recording be done on the first showing and everything seems to be working. Fingers crossed, lol. Thank you again for responding and sorry to have bothered you. 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@iiiJoe thanks for following up. I'm still going to look into this because I think it would be preferable to use the earlier airing instead.

• Like 1