DLNA profile for Yamaha AVR

almaster

I have a problem playing FLAC music via DLNA for my Yamaha AVR. For some strange reason, with the default profile, Emby always transcode to MP3 despite FLAC being widely supported by my receiver. On the other hand by correctly setting a DLNA profile with direct playback for FLAC, Emby only accesses the songs available in MP3 (the songs in FLAC become unavailable). Paradoxically, if I set the transcoding in FLAC, Emby does the transcoding from FLAC to FLAC and the receiver plays the music. In the DLNA profile I also added parameters to the protocol info (http-get:*:audio/flac:*,http-get:*:audio/x-flac:*) but nothing changes. This problem only occurs with Emby, I have already tested the DLNA of Plex and Jellyfin and they work perfectly without any transcoding. I provide server log, FLAC to MP3 transcoding log and FLAC to FLAC transcoding log. Hope someone can help me solve the problem. Thanks

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-07f19094-3309-46fb-880e-f0639b0e8121_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-9c4b258d-b822-44a4-8bd8-7e6e13b95640_1.txt

Sorry, i've uploaded the emby server log while trying to play FLAC with my custom profile (setting direct play for all audio codec/container), but Emby does not allow playback with this profile. Now I send the log with the default dlna profile that does the transcoding. I hope it can be fixed quickly. Thanks.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-cdad7b7e-7ec7-4bd6-96e3-3ebf22e37bcf_1.txt

almaster

After some tests, I found that there is no problem playing a song directly from the navigator of the Yamaha AVR; both FLACs and MP3s play correctly without transcoding by appropriately creating the DLNA profile. Problems arise when I try to play songs from Android apps like "Hi-Fi Cast" or "BubbleUPNP" with casting to the Yamaha receiver; navigation with these apps works correctly, but as soon as I send the play for a song, everything stops with the message "Access error".
Looking in the Emby logs, I encounter this problem: "Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired." By reproducing on the mobile phone (therefore without casting) everything works correctly. It therefore appears that the generated url is invalid when using a UPNP control point external to the renderer. I attach the server log using "Hi-Fi Cast" on Android to first play a song directly on the smartphone and everything works correctly; then finally i played a song by setting the yamaha receiver as renderer and it fails.
I hope someone can help me understand the problem, because I have an annual subscription but practically not used. Thanks

embyserver.txt

Edited by almaster

almaster

I have encountered the same error using other home theater receivers which are dlna certified as well. For now I have solved it using Kodi on the same server where Emby is installed and connected via the Emby-next-gen plugin in native mode (sharing the path); after syncing the library, i enabled dlna server on Kodi and everything works perfectly (and without the nightmare of transcoding)! I'm sorry that the dlna server of Emby is so buggy and I hope they fix the problem soon.

Edited by almaster

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay. I've finally tracked down this issue and it will be resolved in the upcoming Emby Server 4.8 release. If you need immediate relief, the fix will be in the Emby Server beta channel later this week.

• 1 month later...

@almaster @rav302953

Apologies for the delay. The new beta with the fix is currently rolling out. 

If you need immediate relief, please try it out and report your experience. Thanks !

rav302953

Good morning, I installed the beta version 4.8.0.26 the sound still does not arrive on my marantz. Is it because I have a free version of Emby?

42 minutes ago, rav302953 said:

Good morning, I installed the beta version 4.8.0.26 the sound still does not arrive on my marantz. Is it because I have a free version of Emby?

Hi, can you please attach the Emby server log? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, rav302953 said:

Hi 

it still does not work :(

@rav302953can you please provide a new server log example using the latest 4.8.0.34 build? Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, rav302953 said:

Hi

no solution to my problem???

Have you updated to the latest build?

spielhuus

I also have a Marantz SR receiver. just tested the 4.8.0.39 beta and still have the same problem. Flac files are not playing and the error message is:

Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.

rav302953

Hi

I updated to 4.8.0.39 the DLNA extension is 1.2.4.0
There is still no sound coming out but in the dashboard I see the reading whereas before it closes immediately

image.png.6023fa15f5f3216cc11e4bf796d7295c.png

embyserver.txt

spielhuus

Yes the Marantz SR supports flac playing and it is working with minidlna. I tried to trace the network communication, Everything looks fine until the client fetches the file.

GET /audio/1679/stream.flac?DeviceProfileId=61c829640dac4fa9b048f7caf7ae9445&DeviceId=uuid:5f9ec1b3-ff59-19bb-8530-0006781f2833&MediaSourceId=27b99af85380c3f74813cc944e39db6d&Static=true&PlaySessionId=a7d7ed6ab7794aa296110f3c8facdf39&api_key=KEY HTTP/1.1 

The Server responds with 401 Unauthorized to this request. 

The request for mp3 file looks the same. Just with stream.mp3 and a different DeviceProfileId

rav302953

Hi

Yes flac is supported up to 24 bit 96KHz
I had not done a test with MP3 but suddenly it works
For information I use the standard profile (I don't know how to create personalized profiles)