Cannot change in a mixed folder wrong identified content

moses19850

moses19850

Hi, 

I have set up a mixed content folder and now try to manually correct the incorrect data.

However, it is not possible to change a wrong identified tv show to a movie based on the ID, because the ID will only select tv.

Can this be changed?

Happy2Play

@moses19850 Can you go over specific example to include structure and naming scheme.

Mixed content is dependent on Auto detection by structure to determine if Series or Movies is queried on provider site as the type must be queried as the ID can be the same on both sides to different content.

moses19850

Thanks for your help

Movie: The Beach

Year: 2000

Structure: \The Beach (2000)\The Beach (2000).mkv

It is considered as TV-Show and with the MovieDB ID: 869

correct should be: 1907

Whatever I do, there is no way to correct it

Can it be made possible to list all entries when the ID is entered. I think this would be helpful for some people out there as I found similar topics on the forum

A better example which I found now: 

Mists of Avalon; themoviedb has both, a movie and tv show, both with different numbers, but it is the same.

Edited by moses19850

Happy2Play

Can only guess as I have no issue with The Beach (2000)\The Beach (2000).mkv being identified as a Movie. 

Is that the full structure and folder content?

But there is currently no way to designate a folder as TV or Movie.  We used to have this capability a long time ago but was removed.  Now it is figuring out why your structure is not identified as Movie.

36 minutes ago, moses19850 said:

Mists of Avalon; themoviedb has both, a movie and tv show, both with different numbers, but it is the same.

Yes, but the info is rather useless and incomplete.  I assume no one has reported it to TMDB to be removed.  But this is common for Miniseries depending on if you have single file or multiple files.  If more than one file, it will be a Series.   So, we are dependent on how the providers present the media.

moses19850

image.png.fef93b6ea4ca5637a460bed65f52f303.png

Full folder structure as above. So I have no other idea. I already deleted the nfo files, without success.

I will do a feature request. Thanks for your help.

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, moses19850 said:

image.png.fef93b6ea4ca5637a460bed65f52f303.png

Full folder structure as above. So I have no other idea. I already deleted the nfo files, without success.

I will do a feature request. Thanks for your help.

I would move the media out of the filme folder, do a full library scan to remove all traces from DB, then at a minimum delete the tvshow.nfo file or both nfo as it has been added wrongly and readd media to folder.

On 9/18/2022 at 7:15 PM, moses19850 said:

Thanks for your help

Movie: The Beach

Year: 2000

Structure: \The Beach (2000)\The Beach (2000).mkv

It is considered as TV-Show and with the MovieDB ID: 869

correct should be: 1907

Whatever I do, there is no way to correct it

Can it be made possible to list all entries when the ID is entered. I think this would be helpful for some people out there as I found similar topics on the forum

A better example which I found now: 

In part this is due to using the wrong library type. If this was a Movie Library type there would be no confusion.

The Mixed Content type isn't really there to support all lib types (doesn't). Mixed Content support TV Show and Movie types being used in a mixed library.  Ideally this library type is used  for specific content such as documentaries where you sometimes find meta-data providers classifing the same media differently.  You could have one provider listing something as a movie while another lists it as a TV Show.  This tends to happen for something like a 3 hour documentary on some subject that you might have in one media file (think it's a movie) but it could have been broadcast originally in 3 parts so it's classified by the meta-provider as a show.

There is not a specific rule about mixed content only being used like this as it has other uses as well that are similar but in general Emby Server will always be able to do better matching when you setup up libraries using a specific type. In your case Emby Server would only look at Movie results for "The Beach 2000" if it was in that library type.

When you get into Mixed Library types two different people can get different results depending on the configuration and ordering of meta-data providers which is something you need to take into considering as well when using this type.

So my personal recommendation would be to redo this library as two different libraries with one for TV Shows and one for Movies.  You of course could use a mixed library as explained above for a "Documentary" Library which works really well, otherwise you typically will have documentary type stuff in both Movies and TV Shows.

Hope that helps in some way. If you don't want to separate things out you likely will find issues with matching from time to time as Emby uses your meta-data configuration/priority ordering to find this data and typically it will favor one or the other.  

PS You can use that to your advantage by changing the priority ordering as a temp measure, then trying to re-ID a movie as above, then after getting a match, set it back to how it was. It's not ideal, but probably the best you can do short of reorganizing this media properly.