New installation not working with selected subtitles

XDavidT

SamES

When you update to the latest server release (4.7.8.0) can you please test and see if this is still an issue?  Thanks

XDavidT
On 10/1/2022 at 2:45 PM, SamES said:

When you update to the latest server release (4.7.8.0) can you please test and see if this is still an issue?  Thanks

Hi - Sorry for delay I had no free time. here is logs and video:

Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/b4aekiPRhEe7vg319

Logs: attached

Description: Some of the videos I played like pinochio is not working (and also "what if" by marvel), but some other movies I've tried works fine.
So now I'm not sure what is the difference.

embyserver-63800870400.txt embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-3eb15b27-6985-4570-b59b-3627fb63064b_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-5a26959c-4433-4224-a94a-22b9824ccd73_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-69e05f65-598e-4583-bdeb-401165bd250f_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-2655fbc4-45ca-4a72-a476-6de305c1c500_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-b83c1096-4d4a-465d-9065-36e3761ddcfd_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-b245496e-4eac-4469-9e1f-e3e9208a818c_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-d23f2254-12b9-4b7e-bfaa-489a84e1ba32_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-eee27795-ba18-47e5-a062-244050ef47da_1.txt hardware_detection-63800909128.txt

SamES

Yes, it gets confusing quickly.

I think it's best if we keep focusing on one example.  If Pinocchio is still a problem, we should keep working on it.

I have a feeling this might be related to another issue I've also been looking at for a while, but also can't reproduce.  It might take me a few days to get back on to this, but let me get the other issue resolved, then we can see if it also fixes your issue.

Can you please check Pinocchio for me?

What I can see in the video is that it is always displaying Finnish subtitles, regardless of the option you select.  Does the seem to be correct?

Can you please try selecting subtitles from the list, but select ones listed above Finnish and let me know whether they are displaying correctly?

My theory is that the first 8 subtitles work correctly, but after that it keeps displaying Finnish.

If you could please test and confirm this, that would be appreciated.

XDavidT
3 hours ago, SamES said:

What I can see in the video is that it is always displaying Finnish subtitles, regardless of the option you select.  Does the seem to be correct?

Can you please try selecting subtitles from the list, but select ones listed above Finnish and let me know whether they are displaying correctly?

My theory is that the first 8 subtitles work correctly, but after that it keeps displaying Finnish.

The WiFi was bad today so the test took too long, hope that's what you've looking for. And I'm not sure what language is showed up, I'm not familiar with other language other then Hebrew/English. I can recognize with Arabic or Chinese since they look other than all..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/969GurWdniUwK8dv5

Edited by XDavidT

XDavidT
On 10/18/2022 at 2:12 AM, Luke said:

Can you try again with the 1.4.4 app update? Thanks.

The last version is ignore any change in subtitles and keep show the English one. When I was going to get some logs, I saw the server was updated but not restarted so I've did a restart and record again - no change.

Logs:embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-b2866382-f50e-48fd-90f9-73540e5590df_1.txt

Videos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9UVLczSzvdWjA2529

Btw: Install 1.4.5 it was the latest I've found here.

XDavidT

I don't think this will fix your issue yet, but it should fix the issue that was introduced yesterday.

Your problem needs a different fix, which should come next.

Can you please confirm this for me?

On 15/10/2022 at 23:59, SamES said:

XDavidT
1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI, what exactly happened with 1.4.6?

We are back with foreign language, like we started.

@SamES Saw your reply now - I'll try to go one by one, but this will be a long video - since I don't have a scene with so much talking to show you this subtitles for few seconds. Is that fine?

Edited by XDavidT

14 hours ago, XDavidT said:

@SamES Saw your reply now - I'll try to go one by one, but this will be a long video - since I don't have a scene with so much talking to show you this subtitles for few seconds. Is that fine?

Just 3 or 4 from the top 8 subtitles is fine, thanks

XDavidT
On 10/21/2022 at 1:53 PM, SamES said:

Just 3 or 4 from the top 8 subtitles is fine, thanks

I will do it in 2-3 days - little busy at work 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, that's really helpful.  I can see what's happening, I just don't know the right way to fix this.

I will need to give you one more debug version that will give me some different info.  Based on that, we might find the solution.

• Like 1

XDavidT
On 11/2/2022 at 12:46 PM, SamES said:

Thanks, that's really helpful.  I can see what's happening, I just don't know the right way to fix this.

I will need to give you one more debug version that will give me some different info.  Based on that, we might find the solution.

Sure tell me when it's ready and where to download it so I can test it.

@SamES please tag me with new comment when you release new version. I'll test it.

Edited by XDavidT

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you please try this build? Thanks.

tizen.zip 18.23 MB · 0 downloads

@XDavidT, this should be an easy one.  After installing this version, please play Pinocchio, open Stats for Nerds and just post a photo. SFN should be show all the track information.  You don't need to select a specific track, that's not important for this test.

Are you also able to find something that DirectPlays without transcoding and do the same for it?

Thanks

XDavidT
On 11/15/2022 at 12:07 AM, SamES said:

@XDavidT, this should be an easy one.  After installing this version, please play Pinocchio, open Stats for Nerds and just post a photo. SFN should be show all the track information.  You don't need to select a specific track, that's not important for this test.

Are you also able to find something that DirectPlays without transcoding and do the same for it?

Thanks

I wasn't sure what movie isn't encoded, but I'll try to find. here is the same pinocchio movie: https://photos.app.goo.gl/DxQ4c7LUBX32xMQL8

• Thanks 1

Thanks. If you can find something with a lower bitrate and some sub tracks  it should direct play. Turn off subs before playback to make sure nothing tries to burn in. It doesn’t need a lot of sub tracks, just a few will do. 

• 2 weeks later...
XDavidT
On 11/19/2022 at 11:35 PM, SamES said:

Thanks. If you can find something with a lower bitrate and some sub tracks  it should direct play. Turn off subs before playback to make sure nothing tries to burn in. It doesn’t need a lot of sub tracks, just a few will do. 

Tried to look for one - but all my movies is 4k

Any suggestion?

• 2 weeks later...