New installation not working with selected subtitles

XDavidT

I just add to my friend an emby on his TV so he can watch my server. The app is connected and movies are well played. But each time movie is played with 'und' subtitles (the local file of subtitle on the folder of each movie) the emby played with English somehow.

Tried to close the app and open again, but still. From web browser it's working well.

28 minutes ago, Luke said:

@XDavidT

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

I've forgot to record the screen of the tv. But if the logs wan't help - let me know so I'll go visit him and record my steps.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-5b4c3863-2cea-4b52-a959-c11549ad9a72_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-43a3d3b1-adeb-4fa8-8b3b-56502ac5ccc8_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-bef71ccb-0791-4264-9e00-b1d872641a2b_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-eaaa1475-c5f1-4ba8-b03a-1e86507c2d75_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-ed20af2a-82b3-4d30-847b-2b6f69ac94c5_1.txt hardware_detection-63799049961.txt

Hi - I asked the client to shutdown the tv for few seconds, and turn on again and open the app, then try the movie again using 'und' subtitles. It's same result. here is logs changed today (he was the only one who use emby today).

embyserver-63799056000.txt embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-00516d4a-e2ae-450f-ad3e-26ddd9ca4315_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-e10b2565-4be2-4e2f-995d-8151dd8b2d8d_1.txt

30 minutes ago, XDavidT said:

Hi - I asked the client to shutdown the tv for few seconds, and turn on again and open the app, then try the movie again using 'und' subtitles. It's same result. here is logs changed today (he was the only one who use emby today).

embyserver-63799056000.txt 3.62 MB · 0 downloads embyserver.txt 1.44 MB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-00516d4a-e2ae-450f-ad3e-26ddd9ca4315_1.txt 38.68 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-e10b2565-4be2-4e2f-995d-8151dd8b2d8d_1.txt 1.2 MB · 0 downloads

Hi, I don't quite understand the issue. This file only has two subtitle tracks, one English and one Spanish. There is no und track.

FrostByte

I think there's an Und external subtitle there too.

{"Codec":"srt","DisplayTitle":"Und (SRT)","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":4,"IsExternal":true,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Path":"X:\\media\\Movies\\Thor.Love.and.Thunder.2022.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.HDR.HEVC-CMRG\\Thor.Love.and.Thunder.2022.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.HDR.HEVC-CMRG.srt","Protocol":"File","AttachmentSize":0}],"Formats":[],"Bitrate":24576882,"RequiredHttpHeaders":{},"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false}

Edited by FrostByte

On 9/21/2022 at 9:45 PM, Luke said:

@XDavidT please try the 1.3.9 update and let us know how that compares. Thanks.

I've tried the new version installation - but it's want worked. The app said the Verification has expired.

I added log from tv after insert USB with new version. I also tried 2 types of devices to use.

IMG_1675.jpg

ses-usb-installer.log

On 9/23/2022 at 5:30 PM, FrostByte said:

Make sure you delete the old version first from settings (not just the Home screen) and then redownload from GitHub.

I did - see this in the video.

On 9/23/2022 at 5:05 PM, Luke said:

Can you try it again?

Sure

Here is the steps I've made in the video:

1. Delete old app
  2. Install new app
  3. login
  4. Play a movie using 'und' (local subtitles) but see non-Hebrew subtitles
  5. Go to another TV and play using 'und' and see the Hebrew subtitles

Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/igRcV5SWwn57hqYz7

Logs attached to this comment.

Happy New Jewish Year :)

embyserver-63799660800.txt embyserver.txt

• Like 1

Hi, for the video you're playing on the Samsung TV in your recording (Pinocchio) can you please provide the Media Info for that file from the server?  I'm specifically interested to see the order of the subtitle tracks.  Thanks

4 hours ago, SamES said:

Hi, for the video you're playing on the Samsung TV in your recording (Pinocchio) can you please provide the Media Info for that file from the server?  I'm specifically interested to see the order of the subtitle tracks.  Thanks

It's not specific movie. all the movies and tv shows is the same. But for any case - here is the files that stay along side the movie in the folder.

Pinocchio.2022.HDR.2160p.WEB.h265-KOGi.srt Pinocchio.2022.HDR.2160p.WEB.h265-KOGi.nfo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, please try the 1.4.0 update that just went up and let us know how that compares. Thanks.

I'm sorry, but same result.

The video here is from web browser, but here is from the tv: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bWDY9qXSexUizJ8L6

Is the attached information enough to debug the issue? Let me know if you want to have any live session to debug this.

embyserver.txt

In that movie, which subtitle track do you think is playing?  The first one?

Can you please show (photo or video is fine) the tracks as they're listed at the bottom of the details screen for that movie (from the TV is fine).  I want to see the order of all the tracks.

It looks like it's transcoding.  Can you please provide any ffmpeg logs for that playback?  

If you remove any bitrate limits, can you get it to DirectPlay?  I'm interested to see if that improves it if you can.

Or, can you find another movie with similar sub types that does DirectPlay (lower bitrate).  If so, can you confirm that it DirectPlays, then drop the playback quality on the TV until it Transcodes and compare the two playbacks.  Can you reproduce the issue when it transcodes, and if so, does it still have the issue when it DirectPlays?

19 hours ago, SamES said:

Or, can you find another movie with similar sub types that does DirectPlay (lower bitrate).  If so, can you confirm that it DirectPlays, then drop the playback quality on the TV until it Transcodes and compare the two playbacks.  Can you reproduce the issue when it transcodes, and if so, does it still have the issue when it DirectPlays?

I'm not sure what you mean DirectPlay I didn't saw that in the options.

I tried on live some of the things you asked me: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZcT1yzqsbM1F8qL78

embyserver-63800006400.txt embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-257ad1cc-67e0-4c46-8aed-03d683de8a20_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-876d2ae3-e27c-4c27-a404-a063a11802fb_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-1534812e-5e44-4785-8f22-7941d66edc66_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-9170690a-f7a3-4c29-b173-f09c8aaf4862_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-f04ef0fe-7a78-4824-905b-08c9744ca800_1.txt

FrostByte

If you bring up stats for nerds in the app while playing it will tell you if the video is direct playing, remuxing, or transcoding.  Considering you found transcode logs though that kind of answers that.

1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

If you bring up stats for nerds in the app while playing it will tell you if the video is direct playing, remuxing, or transcoding.  Considering you found transcode logs though that kind of answers that.

Great, so any more information I need to provide?

The current code still has some debug in it for subtitles which should help us.

Can you please start playback, then display Stats for Nerds from the playback (cog) menu?

While it's being displayed, can you take a video recording while you select a few subtitles?  Maybe a subrip in the middle of the list, then your SRT sub, then the first subtitle on the list.  Please let it play each subtitle for about 10-15 seconds, but also ensure at least one or two subtitle lines is displayed for each language.

Thanks

11 hours ago, SamES said:

The current code still has some debug in it for subtitles which should help us.

Can you please start playback, then display Stats for Nerds from the playback (cog) menu?

While it's being displayed, can you take a video recording while you select a few subtitles?  Maybe a subrip in the middle of the list, then your SRT sub, then the first subtitle on the list.  Please let it play each subtitle for about 10-15 seconds, but also ensure at least one or two subtitle lines is displayed for each language.

Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dq6b5H3ocpAWTqzi7

I got stuck on buffering sometime, but hope you can speed up the video and jump to what you need.

3 hours ago, XDavidT said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dq6b5H3ocpAWTqzi7

I got stuck on buffering sometime, but hope you can speed up the video and jump to what you need.

That's great.  Thanks.

So it looks like it always plays the same sub, no matter what you select.  Is that correct?

Can you send me an ffmpeg log for a playback of Pinocchio?

XDavidT