Movies work - TV shows do not!?! HELP!!

chewbs

Hello all!!

As of the last server update, I can't play any TV episodes.  I can select the show I would like to watch, but when I select an episode it comes up blank.  This is for all TV, Movies work perfectly still.

Anyone else having this problem?

Chewbs

Sorry to all who looked at this and thought it was stupid question, forgot to put that its on a Samsung series 8 TV.  I checked both upstairs and down and both TVs have the same problem.  They can play movies no problem but when trying to select a TV episode, the screen is blank.  I can go back to the home page and maneuver around, but every TV episode is blank.

Hello all again,

Sorry for my last post I forgot some HUGE points.  Its not working on both Samsung series 8's.  I just reinstalled on the basement one and its currently running 0.515c.  I can get to the home page and see a previously played movie that I can select and resume, but for ANY TV shows, it will allow me to select it but when I choose to play the episode, it throws me back to the Home page.  I have tried to change folder options and delete all metadata. Short of restarting everything, has this happened or currently happening to anyone?  I am fully updated on the server and have not changed a thing other than normal updates that are automatic.  The TV shows were working last week without problems, this just started last night.

I can post pics or video of what happens if it will help.

:wacko: Chewbs

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact it is TV.  Probably due to the particular file type or video format.  You should include that as well as a log.

How to Report a Problem

This just started happening with the new server update.  Before had no problems with any TV shows working.  I will take some pics when i get back home to show you whats going on.  Has this happened to anyone else? 

Movies work.

I will report the problem, unless its just a glitch.

Chewbs

Edited by chewbs

I have no issues at the moment but I haven't updated the server since the last update

Ohh, wondering if the update has a issue with this?  It worked before no problem! 

gogreenpower

Can you roll back that latest update? System restore or find a copy of the last version to try?

• Like 1

If you don't have a backup you could try this.  This will take you back to before the latest server update, this only goes back one version.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9947-comcast-cable-and-live-tv-windows-server/&do=findComment&comment=126945

PERFECT!!!  Thank you so much Happy2Play!!  Worked and I kept a backup of it.  Hopefully it will be fixed in the newer servers, but if not you showed the way to fix it!!

If anyone has this problem and needs Version 3.0.5366.22005, I have it rar'ed.

unfortunately you're the only one reporting this, so unless you step up and respond to Ebr's post #3, it's unlikely to change.

nydude25

PERFECT!!!  Thank you so much Happy2Play!!  Worked and I kept a backup of it.  Hopefully it will be fixed in the newer servers, but if not you showed the way to fix it!!

If anyone has this problem and needs Version 3.0.5366.22005, I have it rar'ed.

Well, now that you have it working correctly again, make you sure you disable Automatic Updates. Otherwise, you may unexpectedly run into trouble again one day.  Update manually in the future if some urgent need requires you to do so. Once the system is working fine for you and doing what you want it to do, disable updates and enjoy using it.

FrostByte

I have a F6500 and having no issues playing episodes (or movies) using server 3.0.5390.25829 and Samsung app 515c

Well, now that you have it working correctly again, make you sure you disable Automatic Updates. Otherwise, you may unexpectedly run into trouble again one day.  Update manually in the future if some urgent need requires you to do so. Once the system is working fine for you and doing what you want it to do, disable updates and enjoy using it.

I certainly understand the desire to do this but if you do you are likely to miss out on a lot of great stuff, may get so far behind that other things stop working and we won't be able to support you very well. 

CBers

Working fine here with latest dev release, v0.515c of plugin and on a Samsung F8000.

Do you have your TV library configured as TV SHOWS or as MIXED?

Working fine here with latest dev release, v0.515c of plugin and on a Samsung F8000.

Do you have your TV library configured as TV SHOWS or as MIXED?

They are under TV SHOWS only. I haven't updated the server yet to the newest one, I will later and if its still hooped we can roll back again.

• 2 weeks later...

With a recent update to MB3 server I saw this occur with this app when episodes are located in the series folder (instead of separate season folders) using the 1x01 1x02...2x01,2x02 naming convention.  MB3 creates a virtual Season folder for them but the seasonid is undefined, whereas previously seasonid was defined for the virtual season folders.  The Samsung app then falls back to the main menu when trying to select an episode as it can't correctly locate the season data.  This only started about 4 weeks ago as far as I can recall.

Were all the episodes from multiple seasons in a single folder?

Edited by SamES