Mobile client adds long press playback speed function

SmileFlower

SmileFlower

It is recommended that when playing media, long press on a certain area of the screen or the entire screen area to trigger 2.0X speed or 3.0X speed, and release the finger to return to 1.0X speed

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

AnSniper
On 9/16/2022 at 11:13 AM, SmileFlower said:

It is recommended that when playing media, long press on a certain area of the screen or the entire screen area to trigger 2.0X speed or 3.0X speed, and release the finger to return to 1.0X speed

Wow, this is a good idea. Why didn't I think of it before.

• 2 weeks later...
SmileFlower
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Seems like that would be easy to accidentally trigger.

Long press on the screen can trigger 2.0x/3.0x speed. Currently, most players and browsers support it, including Telegram's internal video player. This function is very convenient. I hope the development team can add it to skip some boring scenes more quickly without missing dialogue.

Edited by SmileFlower
  • Thanks 1

AnSniper
On 10/2/2022 at 3:36 AM, Luke said:

Seems like that would be easy to accidentally trigger.

Reedit~~~

(Maybe the developers have seen it from other friends, and hope to update this feature in future versions, thank you~:D) 

Maybe users need to press the screen for a long time when they need to use this function;

If not, you can avoid triggering this function by locking the screen.

At present, more and more mobile video players can support "pressing and holding the screen" to flexibly realize double speed playback. I hope that Emby's player can also achieve this function.

I recorded a demo video of a similar function:

Edited by AnSniper
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
ardinesh

I also really want this feature to be in emby's player. Even YouTube has implemented this. So please add this functionality in emby. I found this function to be very useful. Thanks.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
ardinesh

Sorry to be talking again and again about it but I have a suggestion about implementation. Since YouTube and many other OTT streaming apps have the functionality of "tap and hold to increase playback speed (with 2x)", I would suggest Emby Team to work on it and also make a user option to control the behavior (to set desired playback speed like 1.5x or 2x). Hope you will consider my suggestion and request and implement it on the app. Thanks 😊😊.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1