Emby Guide Data - USA - No data found

jmanship

Hi,
I'm setting up a HD Homerun Flex 4k and I'm not getting any guide information for my zip.  I've tried various zip codes.

I'm sure its a simple setting I'm missing, anyway to point me in the right direction?  I saw the UK fix, but nothing for the USA...

long time user, recent subscription.  Thank you for all you do!

Screenshot 2022-09-15 203249.jpg

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

Your setup appears to have no external access.  As all external domains throw "No route to host".

2022-09-15 20:31:40.045 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://data.tmsapi.com/v1.1/lineups?country=USA&postalCode=44720
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.7.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build2) (gcc version 8.5.0 (GCC) ) #42661 SMP Mon Jun 27 15:07:20 CST 2022
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: No route to host
	 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (113): No route to host
	   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean allowHttp2, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.DiagnosticsHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	Source: System.Net.Http
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No route to host
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void Throw()

• Thanks 1

hmm. 
Interesting, its not calling for an update.  Everything seems to connect, I'm not seeing any apparent issues.  I'll try from my phone off network

There it goes.
Switched internet providers (and routers recently) Server had the old manual IP information still.

I'm a bonehead, but thank you for giving me a hint :)

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
38 minutes ago, jmanship said:

hmm. 
Interesting, its not calling for an update.

I believe you have to manually update or continue waiting on Synology to publish the submitted version update.

• Like 1

Thanks all!
I fixed my network configuration, manually loaded the update and restarted everything.

Guide loaded fine, thank you again for the hint.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
Ultratech

Hello All. I am having the same issue with guide data not downloading from the Emby Guide. As I can see, the IP addresses are correct for both the LAN and WAN in the dashboard. I have checked various fixes in the forums, but the solution seems beyond my knowledge. Any help would be appreciated.

embyserver.txt

1 hour ago, Ultratech said:

Hello All. I am having the same issue with guide data not downloading from the Emby Guide. As I can see, the IP addresses are correct for both the LAN and WAN in the dashboard. I have checked various fixes in the forums, but the solution seems beyond my knowledge. Any help would be appreciated.

embyserver.txt 1.79 MB · 1 download

Hi there, why exactly do you think you're having trouble with guide data? What guide data did you setup?

Ultratech

I have Hdhomerun connected. Channels show up, and I can also view them with a guide on the HDHomerun app. When i click to add guide data, I choose Country (United States), then guide source (Emby Guide Data), then click next. I choose zip code (for my area), and it gives me an error message "There was an error downloading tv lineups. Please ensure your information is correct and try again". I am able to add xmltv guide data, for an m3u, but it will not refresh (refresh seems to start, but then blinks away a second later), and no listings show when I go to the guide. I have the latest update, 4.7.8.0. I do not know when the upgrade occured, although I suspect recently. I'm running a Linux server, controlled through Webmin, and I've stopped/started/restarted Emby Server with no observable difference. So... I am stumped.

Ultratech

Not sure if this is all related, but I also just noticed, as I am going through all settings trying to find an answer, that I am unable to access my plugins catalog. I can see the plugins that I have installed, but when I access the catalog, the loading icon just keeps spinning. 

Ultratech

I'm not sure why. I can access the server both within the network and remotely. I can access all the server files, and when I check the emby dashboard, the IP addresses are green coloured. I have restarted the server multiple times as well. I will initiate a complete restart of the router, hubs and Hdhomerun again and let you know. Thanks.

Ultratech

I have restarted everything. Router. Linux server. Hdhomerun. Apache2 (which was updated and using the wrong config file). Webmin. And Emby finally. Still have the same problem. I can access both the Server (and files on my external drive) and Emby within the network AND remotely. I can access all functions on Emby, including watching movies from my external drive and watching live TV when I click on the channel. Just can't download guide data or access the plugins catalog. Geez, this is frustrating. Thank-you for your continued help.

embyserver (1).txt

Ultratech

Problem has been solved! Thank-you for pointing me in the right direction regarding the internet issue. Very weird. As I mentioned, I had access to the Linux server and Emby both within the network and remotely. But the issue was that the Linux server and Emby were not able to resolve the url's. This was apparent when I tried to sudo apt update my Linux and in the logs, which I was finally starting to understand.  I had to edit my /etc/resolv.conf file to add nameservers, for which I added my router gateway and google (8.8.8.8). Restarted my system.d-resolved.service ... and VOILA! Everything working again! I'm not sure why the resolv.conf file was altered? Possibly due to an upgrade of the server? But, it's had me running in circles for the last week. Thanks to everyone on the Emby team. You do great work, and I think Emby is one of the best media servers out there. I know there is always a long list of updates and features you folks are working on, but if at some point, fixing the freezing issue with ffmpeg and PlutoTV can be addressed, I would be most grateful. Thanks again!

• Thanks 1