Which client do you use?

bowe

About to replace my nvidia shield with a apple tv. This question is to apple tv emby users. 

Which client do you use? 

Official, MrMC or Infuse? - Is one better than the other, if so why? :)

vdatanet

If you want the best experience using Emby, use both devices, Nvidia Shield for Emby and Apple TV for the rest.

In some rooms I have both devices, and in the ones I don't, I use Infuse to play media that Emby doesn't support.

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 1

in my bedroom setup i too use both the shield and apple TV.

I would love to use only the apple tv due to  how easy and good it works with airpods (for when the wife is sleeping :) ) but for this i need to use infuse for anything  4k.

hopefully the emby client gets to be usable  at some point.

Infuse is the best. It supports ISO and M2TS file and direct play. Emby for Apple TV (official) not ISO. Nvdia Shield must convert M2TS to other container and not support ISO file.

Audiomixer
On 9/15/2022 at 5:57 AM, vdatanet said:

If you want the best experience using Emby, use both devices, Nvidia Shield for Emby and Apple TV for the rest.

In some rooms I have both devices, and in the ones I don't, I use Infuse to play media that Emby doesn't support.

This exactly. Apple tv for streaming due to its frame rate handling, shield for all things emby.

ccastilla

Only speaking from the Emby perspective and nothing else, the Shield (Android TV official app) is MUCH better today than the Apple TV App. This can change at any time, specially if they change the video player.

Features in the Android TV app not on the Apple TV:

Long press for additional menus - Allows to add to playlist, etc

Chapters - Both outside and inside videos (I love this for concert videos, skipping to the song I want to hear)

Stat for nerds

Zoom

Forwarding/Skipping in a video - You can only speed the video, but not skip