Emby refuses to scan a library

akacharos

akacharos

This is driving me crazy: Emby refuses to scan a movie library-while the rest are working fine.

All libraries are loaded on a a single mounted rclone drive (F:) on Windows , so permissions are not the issue -as the rest of libraries are scanned without any issues from the same mount point.

I even fully uninstalled Emby for a fresh start -in case something got messed somehow. It still didn't work. 
I then did an rclone copy to get an identical content with a different folder name and added that additional folder to the library path > still no go.
Same setup works fine on my linux emby server (which I want to replace with this Windows instance).

I even installed JellyFin to check things and JellyFin can scan that library without any issues.

Logs show nothing with a quick glimpse, but I attach them in case you see something I miss

Any suggestions here?

embyserver (11).txt

Happy2Play

@akacharos There are no scans or librarymonitor activity in that log.  Did you run the task?

Or are you Scanning/Refreshing a specific library?

akacharos
23 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what exactly do you mean by refuses to scan a library?

I add a library with a path > Emby runs a library scan > No content is parsed. 
I then do go to the library to "Scan Library Files" > nothing is parsed.

akacharos
22 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@akacharos There are no scans or librarymonitor activity in that log.  Did you run the task?

Or are you Scanning/Refreshing a specific library?

After adding the library a full scan took place, but did't do much. I restarted Emby and run Scan Library Files and generated the log.

akacharos

@Luke the initial folder is "F:\Greek Movies" . I created a copy of that to another folder (F:\Greeek Cinema) , deleted the initial library and created a new library one with the path of (F:\Greeek Cinema) >  same issue.
I then deleted that library and started fresh by creating another library with a new path . but this time I started copying movies in batches of 20 and then run the scan on every batch to see what happens. It started scanning! After some batches, it craps out and refuses to scan. I assumed that maybe some filenames had illegal character or something, so I used TMM to rename all movies and recreated the library >  It didn't scan at all. 
I have no idea what can cause it and Emby log is not showing anything. I had just removed everything and starting fresh. Let's see what happens.

akacharos

Uninstalled Emby , installed latest beta and added just this single library. Same issue : Library scan is completed in 1 sec but nothing is scanned. But at least this time throws an error with a specific folder. I will try to troubleshoot it.

embyserver (13).txt

Edited by akacharos

akacharos

So it seems that the issue was with a folder that Emby could not properly read/access (no idea). Once this folder was removed, then the scan could continue. 

@Luke, for what it's worth here's the issue from the logs (full log in the post above):

*** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.8.0.8
    Command line: C:\Users\Haris\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.22000
    Framework: .NET 6.0.8
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Users/Haris/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 12
    Data path: C:\Users\Haris\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application path: C:\Users\Haris\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'F:\GreekCinema\Sapounopetra - To hrima sto laimo sas (1995)'.
       at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
       at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init()
       at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
       at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
       at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)
       at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean clearCache)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.Resolvers.Movies.MovieResolver.ResolveVideos[T](IEnumerable`1 fileSystemEntries, Folder parent, IDirectoryService directoryService, Boolean supportMultiEditions, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, Boolean parseName, Boolean enforceIgnore, Boolean checkSubFolders)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.Resolvers.Movies.MovieResolver.ResolveMultiple(Folder parent, List`1 files, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ResolvePaths(FileSystemMetadata[] files, IDirectoryService directoryService, Folder parent, LibraryOptions libraryOptions)
       at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetNonCachedChildren(IDirectoryService directoryService, LibraryOptions libraryOptions)
       at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
       at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders(BaseItem[] children, IDirectoryService directoryService, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: System.Private.CoreLib

• 2 weeks later...