Glitching Playback (4K content mostly)

NewYears1978

NewYears1978

Updated Post with logs and more cohesion:

Hey all. I have this issue in the Emby Web App only - where in some media I get these weird stutters and graphical glitches. It occurs in specific files but not limited to the same type of content. I mostly use 720p and 1080p content with only a rare bit of 4k content. This current issue is a 1080p file and it is happening multiple times in this particular file.

The playback device is my main gaming/work PC which is a Ryzen 5900X/RTX 3080, SSD/NVME drives, 32G RAM, Triple 27" monitors 1440p monitors
The server PC is not super powerful, but should be powerful enough it is a 4790k\GTX 1050Ti, Mix of SSD/HDD, 16G RAM

The same file plays fine through the Emby Theater App, on my phone through Emby app, and via any Roku in my house on a variety of TVs. It only glitches when I use the web app on any browser (I tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge)

The glitches do occur in the same spots of the file, not randomly throughout the file.

Other random bits of info:
- The Audio is DTS-HD MA 7.1 - but there is an AC3 Stream also that is just commentary, but it glitches with either.

- I can stream the same file on 3 Roku devices in the house at the same time, over Wi-Fi and it plays perfect on all three. I can add on top the Emby Theater one here, and all 4 play perfect. The issue is specifically limited to browser playback. I thought it was maybe some issue with monitors or the DisplayPort cables, but again, here locally it will play fine in Emby Theater App or direct via VLC (direct over the network).

- As one final test I tested it on my main TV in the living room that has an HTPC, wired connection and I used the Web App, and the same glitches occur. This eliminates a hardware issue on my main gaming PC as the problem

So it definitely is something to do with browser playback with Emby. I have no issues with other content, Netflix, ESPN, YouTube, etc.

I am attaching logs from a quick 10 second playback where the glitch occurs multiple times throughout this section as well as screenshots of a few of them.

Thanks in advance, let me know if there are any other questions.

Glitch 1.jpg

Glitch 2.jpg

Glitch 3.jpg

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-0e37465e-2de9-4b7a-a0bd-adebe2c24e34_1.txt

Edited by NewYears1978

NewYears1978

11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Thank you kindly I know my original post was kind of scatterbrain, I apologize for that. I just updated the original post with a more concise description as well as two logs and 3 screenshots from the same logged period.

Edited by NewYears1978

NewYears1978
On 9/14/2022 at 12:08 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Hey thanks for the reply. As mentioned in my post (or maybe I forgot to mention it) - it does the same in all browsers, Edge, Chrome, Firefox.

• 3 weeks later...