Zoom function for viewing pictures in Android TV Emby App

iamthedude

iamthedude

Hi there,

the Kodi App for Windows and AndroidTV has a built-in zoom function for photos.

So, if I press 1, 2, 3 ... on a keyboard or compatible keyboard app, the photo zooms in respectively.

Could we get that for the Emby App on Android TV?

That way, by pressing the numbers - let's say on the Nvidia App for the Shield -  the photos can zoom in accordingly.

Or maybe we could do the same with the pop-up keyboard in the emby phone app.

Apologies, if this has already been requested. I tried the search, but only found  topics regarding zoom not related to this.

many thanks and regards

iamthedude

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iamthedude said:

by pressing the numbers - let's say on the Nvidia App for the Shield

Hi.  The Shield remote does not have number keys...  We would have to find some other way to make this function available.

iamthedude
26 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The Shield remote does not have number keys...  We would have to find some other way to make this function available.

Hi ebr,

thanks for replying.

Yes, I misspoke. I didn't mean the physical remote, but the NVIDIA Shield remote app for ios/android phones.

Or any other remote app with a soft keyboard for that matter

Maybe this could be implemented into the Emby iOS/Android phone app.

Really - I think - all that would have to be done is implement a function where key presses of numbers on a soft keyboard will zoom in accordingly.

For example, the shield TV remote app does the same thing on a number press that a physical keyboard would.

So we could press 1,2,3,4, on the soft keyboard of the ShieldTV phone app and the photo would zoom accordingly.

I hope that makes it more clear.

many thanks

sydlexius

Key mappings are always cool for the power user, but I don't think we should ignore on-screen options as well.  A common motif I see in galleries is a scaled view with a magnifying glass in one corner that, when pressed toggles to a full-sized (1:1 pixel mapping) of the image that you can then pan around using the keyboard arrows, or drag-click with your mouse, or touch-drag with your touchscreen device.  Some other motifs will have similar magnifying glasses for zoom in and zoom out, and possibly another for zoom reset.

iamthedude

I’m all for it, it’s a great idea. I don’t think it matters how it’s achieved. 

It’d be great if we could just zoom in on a photo while viewing on a TV screen. I’m sure there are plenty of ways to achieve that 

• Agree 1