Gapless audio with native payer (but not with mpv)

MartinGr

As gapless audio without any intermission is important for me, I tried Emby on my new AppleTV 4K.
At first I thought that it would only work with the mpv player, and not with the native one. But the opposite is the case. Gaps with mpv are small, but too big to listen to "Abbey Road" with pleasure. 

For videos, I would prefer mpv, as there seem to be problems with subtitles.

If its difficult to fix this: couldn't there be separate player settings for audio and video content?

Regards,
Martin

vdatanet

There are problems playing audio using the native player, and the Emby team, instead of fixing them, has decided to force us to use the MPV player for audio.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

There are problems playing audio using the native player, and the Emby team, instead of fixing them, has decided to force us to use the MPV player for audio.

Sad. I would prefer Emby a lot over PLEX, but it seems to be not the right moment for a change. I'd like to keep it simple and use one app and one device for music and video. 

vdatanet

In case it is of your interest, if the file is ALAC instead of FLAC, playback is gapless using MPV player.

8 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

In case it is of your interest, if the file is ALAC instead of FLAC, playback is gapless using MPV player.

Good to know - but I wouldn't like to convert 25000+ tracks to an Apple format. 

I hope they find something and improve it.