Emby guide data

iiiJoe

Hello to all! Trying to figure out where I’m going wrong on using Emby guide data. I’m attempting to use directv for my zip but it doesn’t seem to be working. I’ve tried it for my zip code as well as Directv USA with no success. I’ve enabled it for all tuners and also enabled it for only the m3u file with the same result. When I go to the channels section and choose a specific channel the guide data source tab is blank but does allow me to choose Emby guide data. However, the actual guide is still blank. I know I’m doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

76D6CDCB-E054-4625-B4D8-DEEC1E590206.jpeg

949C0C92-EECB-43BE-A342-98230DCE7A90.jpeg

527965F2-B664-4300-8A60-33EAC49FFB3A.jpeg

681A2930-A5EA-49CD-8926-4C400E672199.jpeg

D3FF050A-AF8E-47C1-8608-66EA6330007D.jpeg

Small update: when I manually set Emby as the guide for a specific channel I am getting data but the channel # is not automatically mapped. It seems I need to manually change it and to do that I would need to know the channel # for DTV. Am I missing a way for all of this this to be done automatically?

CD0E280D-E781-441D-874C-F307323B9AE0.jpeg

FDD17B50-B1F4-4593-94DF-B09F17205CA9.jpeg

Or, am I supposed to go through each individual channel and assign the guide and channel# manually?

Edited by iiiJoe

7 hours ago, iiiJoe said:

I'm not sure what you mean sir? Shouldn't this all be done automatically?

Hi, yes, and it already is automatic, if the data from your tv tuner matches the guide data. Otherwise, how would the server know what channel is what?

What kind of tuner are you using? Is this m3u/iptv?

17 hours ago, iiiJoe said:

Small update: when I manually set Emby as the guide for a specific channel I am getting data but the channel # is not automatically mapped. It seems I need to manually change it and to do that I would need to know the channel # for DTV. Am I missing a way for all of this this to be done automatically?

CD0E280D-E781-441D-874C-F307323B9AE0.jpeg

FDD17B50-B1F4-4593-94DF-B09F17205CA9.jpeg

Yes that will likely be exactly what you will need to do. This is a fault of the m3u file and not really an Emby issue.  Emby's guide matching can use a few different things to match) channels such as channel number (ie OTA for Atlantic City, NJ) but won't be of use for matching m3u files.  To get automatic matching the provider of the m3u would need to use official stationIDs like real guides use (ie WPVIDT) vs "ABC6 Phila".  Emby won't know how to match the stationID of "WCAUDT" to "NBC PHI" and that's the general problem.

If your provider's m3u file doesn't have the stationID or some other field Emby can use to reliably do the matchup it won't auto-match leaving it up to you to handle.  You could change the m3u file to have the stationids or manually map the channels as you did above.

If you want to contact me via PM I might be able to assist depending on the provider which I'd not post here.

• Thanks 1

This all makes perfect sense. Ty for spelling it out, really helps a guy Iike me, lol. Wondering if an m3u editor might be beneficial? I’ll hit you in PM with some more detail

• Thanks 1