Not connecting after setup - invalid in-Home (LAN) access IP address

Dimmer5570

Dimmer5570

New user here. I downloaded and installed emby on my QNAP NAS and had it working within minutes on my desktop PC plus several IOS and android devices.

The only problem was installing the Android TV app on my Chromecast With Google TV (CCWGTV). When doing a fresh install it would find my NAS and sign me in. Everything worked perfectly until I exited the app and tried to sign back in. I would get an "invalid user ID or password" message then a spinning blue circle.

After deleting the app data and doing a new install it worked again once and I changed the sign on behaviour to prompt for user sign on which the app displayed but with no users listed. Changing the server to my NAS didn't work but manually entering it's IP address did. The users I had created were visible and I could sign into the app.

After a lot of googling which didn't help I found the In-Home (LAN) access was wrong. My home network is a TP-Link Deco mesh which defaulted out of the box to 192.168.68.1 rather than 192.168.1.1 and I never changed it. My emby server was defaulting to the following,

image.png.8c725995230188fd68e62924bb852c00.png

Changing the Local IP address to the correct value in the network setting fixed the problem. Not sure why the emby server didn't pick up the correct IP address of my NAS or why it was only a problem on my CCWGTV devices using the android TV app (version 2.0.79g) but it feels like a bug.

Hello Dimmer5570,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

visproduction

Dim,

Your 3rd party app installation on your TV does it's own preferred setup and causes the IP address to change.  Why would you expect Emby to know something you did to your TV?  The TV setting does not call Emby to let it know about anything.  You did the right thing and noticed that the change happened and then reset Emby to match.  I don't see any bug here.

Happy2Play

Sounds like you have multiple networks, can you post a server log after a server restart as it will show network detection.