Subtitles in the middle on 1.3.4 & 1.3.5

AndyXH

FrostByte
19 minutes ago, OM2K21 said:

Is there any Beta program for Tizen App? I am positive a beta program will dramatically improve the regression issues.

That's what these usb versions are meant for.  Then they are eventually submitted to the store where available.  The whole reason there is a 30 day time bomb is because Samsung doesn't want developers to release apps without going through them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FrostByte said:

That's what these usb versions are meant for.  Then they are eventually submitted to the store where available.  The whole reason there is a 30 day time bomb is because Samsung doesn't want developers to release apps without going through them.

I see. Piggybacking to original question, is it possible to update the existing app when an upgrade is released rather than having to re-install it?

• Like 1

FrostByte
11 minutes ago, OM2K21 said:

I see. Piggybacking to original question, is it possible to update the existing app when an upgrade is released rather than having to re-install it?

Samsung has even gone one further and will only allow you to have one test app at a time.  Doesn't have to be Emby.  The other app has to go first before it will install.

@SamESdo you know if it's possible to make the usb recognize there's already a version of Emby and upgrade instead of everyone having to delete the old one first?  That would make it a little easier.  You would still only have one test app.

Or, worst case even automatically, or ask to, delete the previous version first.  That would at least prevent some of the issues of it not installing when there's already another version installed.

I can't imagine Samsung would make things easy

32 minutes ago, OM2K21 said:

Yes that's what most do, however there have been reports of some users who need to uninstall then reinstall and we're not sure yet what the reason for that is.

FrostByte
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes that's what most do, however there have been reports of some users who need to uninstall then reinstall and we're not sure yet what the reason for that is.

I've never seen anyone say it upgrades from usb, they all have to delete the old version first.

The only way to upgrade is from the store.

• Agree 1

Why Samsung? Why you make the things so difficult? Uninstall/Re-install is still okay, however after every re-installation, re-doing the settings is annoying.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, FrostByte said:

@SamESdo you know if it's possible to make the usb recognize there's already a version of Emby and upgrade instead of everyone having to delete the old one first?  That would make it a little easier.

No, all the uninstall/install behaviour happens outside of the app, we have no control over it.

• Thanks 2

FrostByte
14 minutes ago, SamES said:

No, all the uninstall/install behaviour happens outside of the app, we have no control over it.

Thanks, that's what I figured.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SamES said:

Wouldn't it be possible to duplicate app settings to the profile stored on the server and duplicate the stored settings within that profile in the login process of the app itself?
Edit: Or something like an extension of subtitle preference, but for home network quality, themes etc. so we only need to redo the login process.

Edited by k0Lm.