emby 1.3.5 subs dont reset position and next episode behaviour.

k0Lm.

Hi,

This are 3 issues with the new samsung app update 1.3.5 on a UE43MU6100 and a UE50TU8972UXXH.

In the previous version, at the end of each episode around the last 30sec marker, there was a submenu popping up with a "next episode" button and a information about that episode.
The changes made to this results for both my Tizen TV's as following:

- Information about that episode is not showing up anymore, its simply those two buttons hovering in the center on the right side of the screen.
- "Next episode" button now also shows when there isn't another episode, it wasn't like that before.
- When opening the bottom menu it pushes the subtitles just above the bottom menu, which it should, but it after closing the bottom menu the subtitles don't reset to their default position anymore and keep the position of when the bottom menu is open. This is "fixed" when you go back to the screen where you can select an episode and resume it from there.

I redownloaded the app and reinstalled it on one TV to exclude things on my end which did not change anything.
I hope the next update rerolls these changes to their previous state.

Edit: I'm still looking forward to the update where we can set our own subtitle position since after the change of a while back they still overlap hardcoded subtitles (sign languages etc), predialog subtexts and credits causing sumwhat of an annoyance.

Edited by k0Lm.

1 hour ago, k0Lm. said:

- Information about that episode is not showing up anymore, its simply those two buttons hovering in the center on the right side of the screen.
- "Next episode" button now also shows when there isn't another episode, it wasn't like that before.

@Luke, I can confirm that I've seen both of those issues today as well

1 hour ago, k0Lm. said:

- When opening the bottom menu it pushes the subtitles just above the bottom menu, which it should, but it after closing the bottom menu the subtitles don't reset to their default position anymore and keep the position of when the bottom menu is open. This is "fixed" when you go back to the screen where you can select an episode and resume it from there.

This is fixed for the next release

• Thanks 2

Would you guys please consider bringing the subtitle/submenu back to the state of before you placed the subtitles multiple inches upwards? It feels like it was just fine and after that, imho, the qol decreased quite a bit.

So now with 1.3.6 when you ffwd a bit the dot which shows you where you are gets stuck and stays stuck. The ui breaks. On the next episode the dot holds that position, yet the bar does fill up accordingly.

Marcus1305

I can confirm that the problem where the subtitles stay on the screen until the next one appears is still present in the 1.3.6 version. The new version fixed the problem where the subtitles used to be in the middle of the screen.

Marcus1305

In my case 1.3.6 also solved the problem of incorrect selection of embedded subtitles. Another thing I've noticed is that the problem where the subtitles stay on the screen until the next one appears is only present on embedded subrip subtitles, with external srt subtitles everything works fine.

Edited by Marcus1305
  • Thanks 1

These few issues should all be resolved in the next release when it is available

5 hours ago, k0Lm. said:

So now with 1.3.6 when you ffwd a bit the dot which shows you where you are gets stuck and stays stuck. The ui breaks. On the next episode the dot holds that position, yet the bar does fill up accordingly.

4 hours ago, Marcus1305 said:

I can confirm that the problem where the subtitles stay on the screen until the next one appears is still present in the 1.3.6 version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It fixed the ffwd dot glitch, thanks!

The "next episode"-button still shows even when there is no next episode and below that where the description of the next episode would be is still unpopulated though.

• Thanks 1

FrostByte
1 hour ago, k0Lm. said:

It fixed the ffwd dot glitch, thanks!

The "next episode"-button still shows even when there is no next episode and below that where the description of the next episode would be is still unpopulated though.

I saw this when watching the last episode of Shetland last night.  Went ahead and clicked it and think it dumped me out to the Season page, or something like that.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, please try the 1.3.8 build and let us know how that compares. Thanks !

The only change i see is that it doesnt show the "next episode" button anymore when there is none. But this topic can be closed. I've noticed that when i bought premiere the tizen app worked fine, after like 3 months it just turned into a mess. Honestly i'm starting to regret buying premiere and maybe i should just switch fully over to Plex.

39 minutes ago, k0Lm. said:

The only change i see is that it doesnt show the "next episode" button anymore when there is none. But this topic can be closed. I've noticed that when i bought premiere the tizen app worked fine, after like 3 months it just turned into a mess. Honestly i'm starting to regret buying premiere and maybe i should just switch fully over to Plex.

Are you sure you want to do that given https://www.pcworld.com/article/871581/change-your-plex-password-right-now.html

What other issue are you having?