[Bug] Emby cannot obtain the origin of Movies/TV series on TMDb.

AnSniper
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

AnSniper

According to the metadata information of tmdb, each film and TV series has its original place of origin. However, at present, emby seems unable to obtain the original origin information of the film / series, which leads to the following problems:

1. When the specified language does not exist in the poster diagram, all English posters will be obtained by default. Individuals are more inclined to obtain poster pictures of the country of origin when there is no designated language poster.

2. You cannot filter specific movies by country + tag.

So I suggest adding the following two fields to enhance the screening of emby and the screening of poster image acquisition.

1. It is hoped that the < country / region > field can be added to obtain the < country of origin > information of tmdb, and then the user can search for missing metadata to perfectly add new country of origin information without changing the existing metadata.

2. I hope to add a custom country / region field. Since emby does not support country filtering, many users have created similar country classifications to facilitate filtering. However, they are not specific to each country, but are only classified according to large regions. It is hoped that user-defined fields can be added to perfectly support the filtering function.

I hope developers can support it in subsequent versions.

Thank you :D

Edited by AnSniper

Happy2Play
On 9/10/2022 at 7:39 AM, AnSniper said:

1. It is hoped that the < country / region > field can be added to obtain the < country of origin > information of tmdb

Technically this info already exists via <country> tag in nfo file.  But is not used in any way by Emby that I am aware of.

nfo metadata

<country>Soviet Union</country>

image.png

api data

"production_countries": [
{
"iso_3166_1": "SU",
"name": "Soviet Union"
}

Edited by Happy2Play

AnSniper
13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Technically this info already exists via <country> tag in nfo file.  But is not used in any way by Emby that I am aware of.

Therefore, I suggest adding these "two items" in the NFO to achieve the combination screening of "country + tag".

Because I can't understand the code of tmdb, it seems that the choice of tmdb's origin is fixed, and it should get the predetermined result. I don't know if there are some episodes or movies with exceptions.

In that case, do we need to reprocess non-standard data?

AnSniper
14 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, yes we plan to improve on this in future updates. Thanks.

Thank you for your reply. I hope emby will become better and better.