Long Live the Queen!

ebr

Sad day for those of you across the pond...  She was an icon that will never be replaced.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 2

Gilgamesh_48
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Sad day for those of you across the pond...  She was an icon that will never be replaced.

Actually I believe the title of this thread should, more properly be, "Long live the King." The whole quote goes something like, "The Queen is dead, long live the King."

I also think that, even though we, on this side of the pond, rebelled against the King I believe that the current arrangement in The United Kingdom is one of the best in the world. They have the Prime Minister and other civil officials to take care of the business of government and a monarch to handle all the "ceremonial" claptrap that our president etc must endure. The King (or someone in the Royal family) can handle the meetings with the "Sisters for organized chaos" while the Prime Minister and members of parliament are free to try to run the empire.

So, from an old man that happens to have traveled all over but lives now in the US:

Long Live the King!!

Tis a sad day. I'm certainly sadder than I thought I'd be.

But as they say,  a good innings from someone whose first Prime Minister was born in 1874 and last born in 1975.