Wrong intro timing, how to recalculate?

Bazzu85

Bazzu85

Hi, 

About the intro skip markers... I have some episodes with wrong timings (intro button appear during the episode).

How can the intro markers resetted at episode/season/show level? So the scheduled task can try to calculate ot again..

Thx 

Bazzu85
27 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, if it performs the same operation again, why would the results be different?

Why are you saying this?

The detection runned only the first time.

Bazzu85
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

What has changed since then?

Idk, maybe the detection algorithm? Or the file itself? The reason could be many..

Why are you turning around this simple question? How can the intro markers been resetted?

I have to remove the file from the library? And add it again.. or there is a quicker way?

If the file changed then the server would handle that and rescan. 

If you really want to though, you can try refreshing the metadata on something, and then running the scheduled task.

Bazzu85

Here's the specific case..

This episode, after the full metadata refresh and intro scheduled task gives this:

022-09-08 12:04:06.238 Info App: Detecting markers for I:\00 - Online Media\Anime\One Piece (1999)\Stagione 19 [720p x264] [JAPANESE] - episode I:\00 - Online Media\Anime\One Piece (1999)\Stagione 19 [720p x264] [JAPANESE]\One Piece (1999) - S19E03 - 782 - Pugno del diavolo - La resa dei conti! Rufy contro Grant [WEBDL 720p x264] [JAPANESE].mkv
2022-09-08 12:04:06.357 Info App: I:\00 - Online Media\Anime\One Piece (1999)\Stagione 19 [720p x264] [JAPANESE] has 98 episodes with audio fingerprints available
2022-09-08 12:04:09.146 Debug Server: http/1.1 GET http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Logs/embyserver-1.txt?Sanitize=true. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
2022-09-08 12:04:09.169 Debug Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to ::1. Time: 23ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Logs/embyserver-1.txt?Sanitize=true
2022-09-08 12:04:20.694 Info App: Best title sequence for I:\00 - Online Media\Anime\One Piece (1999)\Stagione 19 [720p x264] [JAPANESE]\One Piece (1999) - S19E03 - 782 - Pugno del diavolo - La resa dei conti! Rufy contro Grant [WEBDL 720p x264] [JAPANESE].mkv is 00:07:39.8258706 - 00:07:50.8955223. Confidence: 1

Here's a screen of the wrong timing:

image.thumb.png.fc119910ace82da9d01a021f4038109e.png

As you see this IS NOT an INTRO but I think that the mess is caused by the other episodes markers..

Now I try to refresh the metadata for the entire season and recalculate the intros..

Bazzu85
25 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  If you get the same result, check out the ChapterAPI plug-in.

Hi, I have the same (wrong) result. Thx for the tip and here's the ChapterApi result:

image.png.4fc98ac6ba25cba45ac3fb6ac44f21fd.png

Downloading both the files gives this: 20220908.zip

Are there some problems?

Edit: I tried to manually delete the chapters and they are calculated the same every time..

Edited by Bazzu85

rbjtech

If emby is not automatically picking them up -(and a repeated intro happens within the first 10 minutes) then it's likely they cannot be easily identified.

Some Anime is extremely difficult to detect...

Use the Chapter API Plugin to modify the contents - remove the IntroStart and IntroEnd and add it manually I'm afraid.

On 08/09/2022 at 22:27, rbjtech said:

If emby is not automatically picking them up -(and a repeated intro happens within the first 10 minutes) then it's likely they cannot be easily identified.

Some Anime is extremely difficult to detect...

Use the Chapter API Plugin to modify the contents - remove the IntroStart and IntroEnd and add it manually I'm afraid.

I know that the anime episode can be a problem but the problematic episodes I checked and have at the beginning the intro with the same music as the other episodes of the season.

But the intro detection is wrong for the majority

image.png.5dfc644df6a06d407e7b70725177e496.png

image.png.74e723e546420db75b7be45b4a32a48c.png

As you see for example episodes from 36 to 39 have the correct intro from 0.00 to 2.29. Checking the file episode 35 is the same. but is not correctly recognized..

rbjtech
3 hours ago, Bazzu85 said:

I know that the anime episode can be a problem but the problematic episodes I checked and have at the beginning the intro with the same music as the other episodes of the season.

But the intro detection is wrong for the majority

image.png.5dfc644df6a06d407e7b70725177e496.png

image.png.74e723e546420db75b7be45b4a32a48c.png

As you see for example episodes from 36 to 39 have the correct intro from 0.00 to 2.29. Checking the file episode 35 is the same. but is not correctly recognized..

The issue is what 'you' think is the same, is not considered the same by the detection algorithm.

The issue is the 'source' may be different or they may have actually changed a minor detail which is inaudible (to you) - but it will throw the detection.

Ep35 in your example 'may' have started lets say 0.5 sec into the episode - but that 0.5 sec of intro 'missing' means it's not the same as ep's 36-39.

Detection is not an exact science - if they are one off's - manually change them - if it's lots of issues, then maybe try re-ripping the source etc to ensure they are all alike.

There is no easy solution for this I'm afraid, there is nothing emby (or the chromaprint technology) can do about this I'm afraid with the current implementation.

--

You 'may' want to look at TeamB's chapter plugin as it has an alternative detection method that still uses chromaprint - but YOU specify the Intro segment it looks for.

Support from this is from @TeamB but I can vouch that's it's very impressive/accurate and very fast - but I have not used it for Anime - so your results may vary.

38 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

The issue is what 'you' think is the same, is not considered the same by the detection algorithm.

The issue is the 'source' may be different or they may have actually changed a minor detail which is inaudible (to you) - but it will throw the detection.

Ep35 in your example 'may' have started lets say 0.5 sec into the episode - but that 0.5 sec of intro 'missing' means it's not the same as ep's 36-39.

Detection is not an exact science - if they are one off's - manually change them - if it's lots of issues, then maybe try re-ripping the source etc to ensure they are all alike.

There is no easy solution for this I'm afraid, there is nothing emby (or the chromaprint technology) can do about this I'm afraid with the current implementation.

--

You 'may' want to look at TeamB's chapter plugin as it has an alternative detection method that still uses chromaprint - but YOU specify the Intro segment it looks for.

Support from this is from @TeamB but I can vouch that's it's very impressive/accurate and very fast - but I have not used it for Anime - so your results may vary.

thx for you very detailed answer @rbjtech!

the issue I see for the moment is only for this one piece episodes! I'll give a look at the other plugin! 

ty!