Missing content only in one library

Ferkner

I've been using emby since the winter and this is the first time it's done anything other than just work.

I have 9 libraries, and yesterday the TV Shows library was almost empty. All the content on the server still exists, but only 6 or 7 shows were showing up. Stumped, I scanned the library files again and items started showing up again.

This morning I checked on the progress and I am back to having almost everything missing. Nothing about the setup has changed. The TV Shows library is made up of 4 locations. All media files live on a QNAP while the emby server runs on a 2011 Mac Mini that I had lying around.

TV Shows folders setup03.png.c0b42091f360214586b5c9c81f33c37c.png

Emby home pageimage.thumb.png.85207e3eb3b1f5609e460b9373e4dcb2.png

TV Shows library
image.thumb.png.59782aad2831a454a9d9445c10d2cf39.png

10 shows appear in the library but there should be just over 400. I am rescanning the library files again and shows are reappearing again, but at some point I am sure they will disappear again. None of the other folders have this happen and they are all set to real time monitoring.

Once in a while the Mac Mini loses the Network connection to the QNAP but it never removes items from the libraries when this happens; it just gives me a playback error. I haven't touched the server settings in months so I am not sure why this is happening to one library only.

Attached is a log file from last night when I suspect my TV Shows library was stripped down again.

embyserver-63798105588.txt

Edited by Ferkner

I have the following Libraries:

Cartoons
/Volumes/Media/Cartoons
\\Alf\Media\Cartoons

/Volumes/EvenMoreTV/Cartoons
\\Alf\EvenMoreTV\Cartoons

Movies
/Volumes/Media/Movies
\\Alf\Media\Movies

Kids TV
/Volumes/Media/KidsTV
\\Alf\Media\KidsTV

Kids Movies
/Volumes/Media/KidsMovies
\\Alf\Media\KidsMovies

Music Videos
/Volumes/Media/MusicVideos
\\Alf\Media\MusicVideos

WWF
/Volumes/TV/WWF
\\Alf\TV\WWF

And of course, TV Shows

/Volumes/Media/TVShows
\\Alf\Media\TVShows

/Volumes/EvenMoreTV/TV Shows
\\Alf\EvenMoreTV\TV Shows

/Volumes/MoreTV
\\Alf\MoreTV

/Volumes/TV/TVShows2
\\Alf\TV\TVShows2

I just installed the server update. Rescanning the library files seems to have brought everything back, but the shows that exist on one drive (/Volumes/MoreTV) show up empty no matter how many times I rescan.

I know it's a messy setup. This will be changed hopefully by the end of the year with a larger NAS and the emby server running on the NAS. But for now this has to do. I don't know what caused the problem yesterday after this setup working for many months.

18 minutes ago, Ferkner said:

I have the following Libraries:

Cartoons
/Volumes/Media/Cartoons
\\Alf\Media\Cartoons

/Volumes/EvenMoreTV/Cartoons
\\Alf\EvenMoreTV\Cartoons

Movies
/Volumes/Media/Movies
\\Alf\Media\Movies

Kids TV
/Volumes/Media/KidsTV
\\Alf\Media\KidsTV

Kids Movies
/Volumes/Media/KidsMovies
\\Alf\Media\KidsMovies

Music Videos
/Volumes/Media/MusicVideos
\\Alf\Media\MusicVideos

WWF
/Volumes/TV/WWF
\\Alf\TV\WWF

And of course, TV Shows

/Volumes/Media/TVShows
\\Alf\Media\TVShows

/Volumes/EvenMoreTV/TV Shows
\\Alf\EvenMoreTV\TV Shows

/Volumes/MoreTV
\\Alf\MoreTV

/Volumes/TV/TVShows2
\\Alf\TV\TVShows2

I just installed the server update. Rescanning the library files seems to have brought everything back, but the shows that exist on one drive (/Volumes/MoreTV) show up empty no matter how many times I rescan.

I know it's a messy setup. This will be changed hopefully by the end of the year with a larger NAS and the emby server running on the NAS. But for now this has to do. I don't know what caused the problem yesterday after this setup working for many months.

Maybe the volume is down?

2022-09-06 23:36:19.847 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for /Volumes/MoreTV
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.7.0
	Command line: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Darwin 17.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Fri Oct 30 13:34:27 PDT 2020; root:xnu-4570.71.82.8~1/RELEASE_X86_64
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /Users/brian/.config/emby-server
	Application path: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/Volumes/MoreTV'.

It was accessible from my computer and from the Mac Mini.

As of right now everything is showing up again and working. What was previously showing up as empty shows are now populated again. I don't know what made it work, but hopefully it doesn't do that again before I can put everything on the same machine.