Guide refresh suddenly stopped working

Benplace

Benplace

I have been using the same setup for over a year now and it has worked flawlessly until today.

I went to use Emby this morning and there was no guide data.  I tried to manually refresh and it went really fast.

So I looked at my logs and when I go to refresh I am getting the following error (If I go to the web link it downloads the guide with no prompt so I know that's working)

2022-09-06 11:13:59.447 Info HttpClient: GET https://m3u4u.com/x_path1_x/x_path2_x
2022-09-06 11:14:05.347 Info HttpClient: GetTempFileResponse url: https://m3u4u.com/m3u/4z2xnjxv3vfddew8nv15
2022-09-06 11:14:05.347 Info HttpClient: GET https://m3u4u.com/m3u/4z2xnjxv3vfddew8nv15
2022-09-06 11:14:05.688 Error LiveTvManager: Error refreshing channels for service
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.8.0.8
    Command line: C:\Users\BenAdmin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.22000
    Framework: .NET 6.0.8
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Users/BenAdmin/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 12
    Data path: C:\Users\BenAdmin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application path: C:\Users\BenAdmin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: TooManyRequests
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.GetTempFileResponse(HttpRequestOptions options)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.GetTempFile(HttpRequestOptions options)
       at Emby.XmlTV.XmlTvProvider.GetXml(ListingsProviderInfo info, String path, MediaProtocol protocol, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.XmlTV.XmlTvProvider.GetChannels(ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannelData(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.QueryChannelsAsync(ChannelManagementQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetChannelsAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.RefreshEmbyChannelsInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannels(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2022-09-06 11:14:05.754 Info LiveTV: Loading live tv data from C:\Users\BenAdmin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\livetv\seriestimers

Hi, your xml tv provider is sending back a "too many requests" response code.

Have you customized the scheduled of the live tv guide refresh? Maybe you did and it's happening too often and your provider is temporarily banning you because of it.

Benplace

It updates every 2 hours.  Why can I manually go to the link and it downloads the file if it returns too many requests to Emby?  I am even doing it ont he Emby server.

I suppose I could point Emby to a file and make a script to download and overwrite it.

1 hour ago, Benplace said:

It updates every 2 hours.  Why can I manually go to the link and it downloads the file if it returns too many requests to Emby?  I am even doing it ont he Emby server.

I suppose I could point Emby to a file and make a script to download and overwrite it.

Yes you could do that. But every two hours is a bit extreme, no?

Benplace
10 hours ago, Luke said:

No because my provider only provides 2 hours worth of data per download.

Benplace
12 hours ago, Luke said:

I figured this out. I use M34U.com's EPG service and they have banned Emby users from using their guide service stating regarding Emby. "Please Note, these services all have an inset bias to make an unwarranted number of download requests (epg) to the m3u4u server (in excess of 200 per minute). It is clear that many users of these services either do not know how or are not inclined to address the issue.
Therefore it has become necessary for m3u4u.com to apply blocks on them. You must download and self host the m3u4u playlist and epg download files. The url will not be available to use."

Here is their Wiki, if anyone else has this problem.

https://wiki.m3u4u.com/Addendum

Thanks!

We don't request that frequently. You could try adjusting the user agent value to try and disguise what software the requests are coming from.