Limit on folder items in a library?

RobsterUK

RobsterUK

Is there some kind of limit on the amount of folder available in a library set to TV series?
I have 99 items in the library, but there are 102 folders in the shared folder. I can see the 3 shows that are missing from Emby in the folders.

Searched the logs and I can see a reference to one of the shows. Removed all off the nfo & jpg's, leaving only the mkv files. Refreshed the library and it's still not showing.
There's a line in the log from last night
"Info LibraryMonitor: Season 1 (/volume1/Movies/TV Series/The Lord of the Rings/Season 01) will be refreshed" - but this is one of the missing series.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63798019199.txt

Hi, there is no limit. I would check the parental control options on your emby user in case you may have configured them in a way causing content to be hidden.

RobsterUK

Thanks for confirming Luke.
It just seemed coinicidental that only 99 were showing yet 102 were present.

The user had the right parental options. It had GB-18.

For 2 of the series I edited the nfo for the MPAA rating. One was set to 16 and the other read 18. Never had to do anything like that previously. Changed just that one setting to TV-MA & re-saved the nfo. Scanned the library and they were detected each time.
The other series I had to remove the folder, then re-created it and adding the mkv files back triggered its detection and the missing metadata downloaded automatically.

Wierd!
I'll chalk this one up to expereince and move on...

Maybe you've enabled grouping into collections, or some are combined as multi-version, or there is a filter set on the list, or parental controls restricting the content.

The number you see does not correspond to the number of folders in your file system, it based the number of entries in the list that you're looking at, and that will be determined by the factors I mentioned above.