When looking at movies I get error on my device

80srule

80srule

When I first open the app (on android tv) I can see my media and then I see the different DVD covers that have already been scanned in. In the picture below you can see the categories and they show up.But when I go click on any of my media categories I can get TV shows to load infect it’s very quick.
The error comes when I click on movies or classic movies it just sits and spins and says that error above. When I had just classic movies it loaded just fine but when I started having the other category of movies now neither open without error. However when I view it on the web through a web browser or on the server I can see it just fine.

I did reboot the server. 

I’m running a remote server. 
App is android TV version 2.0.79
server is version 4.7.6. running Linux 
CPU dual AMD EPYC 7702

Drives are NVME Samsung MZQL23T8HCLS-00A07

4E774052-C45B-497E-9D19-8314BB474563.jpeg

AA062659-EF64-409C-83C8-DAE775134A63.jpeg

80srule

The log is really long and most of it is just it scanning. This is the only part that shows where the box connected. 

2022-09-06 04:40:24.783 Info SessionManager: Reissuing access token: 56f5099e77c64156939564dce790f526
2022-09-06 04:40:25.063 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://emby_remote_ip:26936/emby/Sessions/Capabilities/Full. UserAgent: Dalvik/2.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 10; sti6140d360 Build/QT)
2022-09-06 04:40:25.064 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host2. Time: 1ms. http://emby_remote_ip:emby/Sessions/Capabilities/Full
2022-09-06 04:40:25.371 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2022-09-06 04:40:25.372 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/37759/season/9/episode/7?api_key=x_secret1_x&append_to_response=images,external_ids,credits,videos&language=en&include_image_language=en,null

If you want the whole log file I can put it on like one of the paste sites

80srule

In the picture above you can see at the bottom of the screen it says there appears to be a problem accessing your server. Ensure it is running and the network is available. It’s running because I can look at my three TV show folders no issue they pull up within a couple of seconds. But when I go to movies I get that error. But again from the front screen from underneath my media it shows me latest movies and I can see all the icons there. So I don’t understand why when I actually try to go to movies in my media I get that error   

80srule

Still doing it after server reboot and it’s happening at my friends too. But tv shows work fine. Just movies won’t show. 

45D1C9C6-3F7F-4162-8052-A868DE68D740.jpeg

23 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

80srule

I posted the log above however there’s no error anywhere in the log. Interestingly enough you can go and you can view the movies if you view them in reverse order Z-A or via different genre but you cannot view them just A-Z. 

Also interesting is if I take out one of the movie folders so that I just have Classix or I just have new movies then I can do the movies just fine it starts when I add in the second category of movies. But again it’s just fine with TV shows and I’ve got three different categories in my media. 

Edited by 80srule

seanbuff
On 07/09/2022 at 01:44, 80srule said:

If you want the whole log file I can put it on like one of the paste sites

No need to use an external paste site, just attach the full file here on a post.

You can also use the 'Anonymize' feature if you are concerned with privacy.

image.png.9aa9139ec480e27f10ecbebb3b4940ce.png

seanbuff
7 minutes ago, 80srule said:

ok there you go

I said "attach" the full file, not paste the contents of it.

80srule
49 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and let us know how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks !

So the error goes away but what is really weird is On the android TV version on the two movie folders that won’t pull up if you run it by date added then they pull up but when you try to list them A-to-Z or Z to A they don’t they come up with that error. 
the main movie folder works that way. The classic movie folder won’t pull up no matter. 
it seems to on there mobile app though. 
The mobile app seems to run really slow like for instance when I load up the android TV version my latest movies and TV shows and my next up they pull up fairly quickly. But when you go to the android mobile version it takes more than 30 seconds for them to pull up.  

On 9/8/2022 at 5:34 PM, 80srule said:

So the error goes away but what is really weird is On the android TV version on the two movie folders that won’t pull up if you run it by date added then they pull up but when you try to list them A-to-Z or Z to A they don’t they come up with that error. 
the main movie folder works that way. The classic movie folder won’t pull up no matter. 
it seems to on there mobile app though. 
The mobile app seems to run really slow like for instance when I load up the android TV version my latest movies and TV shows and my next up they pull up fairly quickly. But when you go to the android mobile version it takes more than 30 seconds for them to pull up.  

So you're saying it all works with the standard app?

10 hours ago, Luke said:

So you're saying it all works with the standard app?

Well it does yes just slow.

but why is it happening to me? If it’s an error on the app it would be that way for everyone. 

12 hours ago, Luke said:

What exactly is slow?

So by comparison the android TV version when I open up the app. You click on it and the covers start appearing pretty much instantly and they load pretty quickly. With the mobile version it takes a good 30 to 40 seconds before you see anything happening on the screen you just have the blank icons. And then it’s a couple of minutes before everything fully loads up. Now I don’t know if it’s because I have a super large database of content of stuff I’ve collected forever in a day but  I do notice that. 

here’s another interesting thing if you load up the browser and you go to the web version and sign in there the icons load. So my belief is there is a bug in the android TV app. 

On 9/12/2022 at 12:34 PM, 80srule said:

So by comparison the android TV version when I open up the app. You click on it and the covers start appearing pretty much instantly and they load pretty quickly. With the mobile version it takes a good 30 to 40 seconds before you see anything happening on the screen you just have the blank icons. And then it’s a couple of minutes before everything fully loads up. Now I don’t know if it’s because I have a super large database of content of stuff I’ve collected forever in a day but  I do notice that. 

here’s another interesting thing if you load up the browser and you go to the web version and sign in there the icons load. So my belief is there is a bug in the android TV app. 

Hi @80srule, what exactly takes a couple minutes to load up?

On 9/15/2022 at 3:26 PM, Luke said:

Hi @80srule, what exactly takes a couple minutes to load up?

The icons take a bit to pull down and appear. Where as on the android tv they load quicker. 
the odd thing is all tv shows show up no errror, then I have kids movies and I have just movies, classic movies and Christmas movies. The kids and Christmas movies display fine. Classic movies doesn’t do anything on android tv version. And then just movies displays if you look at it Z-A and by premier date, date added but not A-Z.
I tried a previous android tv version and  it’s the same way. 

So is there any way to fix this? I mean this can’t be an issue with everyone or it would’ve been fixed by now. So I wish I could figure out what was causing it because it makes no sense that one movie category loads up just fine, but the other one does not. And white difference it makes displaying them in reverse alphabetical order or by date added why that makes any difference. But the mobile version does seem to work it’s a temporary fix but it’s not a permanent fix because it just doesn’t work well on a TV box. It’s slower at everything and the icons are also super large . 

So I think i solved the problem I started looking in the app, and I noticed that you could view the individual folders attached to each section in the movies folder. That was the offending folder. I go look at it, and the one was fine. The other one was not edit through the error so that got me to go to the server. Then I started looking at the folder on the server to figure out what could be different and they were all these meta-data files there I believe they came from when we tried jelly fin for a week. So I deleted them because I realize the other folders didn’t have them. Then I rebooted the server force they rescan, and now everything works.