Missing filters that exist on other platforms

Ballinboi3546

Ballinboi3546

Hey guys, maybe I'm missing something but I have no way to filter content the same way I could natively on my LG OLED Emby app or the android mobile app. The filter button exists but has next to no filterable criteria.

I'm particularly finding the way content was set to be handled for the Android tv app. I understand through researching prior posts a lot of changes were made at the requests of users; however, these should be optionable not global.

I wanted to filter mixed media content by file type as if I do play from here and the media type changes it fails to load if the next media is for example an image instead of another video. This happens on mobile and LG as well though. The difference is I can set a filter for mp4, mov, etc. Only on those devices and be fine. On my shield I can only filter by play state, favorites, 3D and resolution. In some folders I can sort by metadata like studio, genre, parental rating or year but still no media type filters.

Is this just missing or was this intentionally removed? The app experience on Android TV is so strangely different than the other apps which are pretty unified.

Lastly, videos can be sorted by runtime but it only sorts by shortest to longest with no reverse sort. 

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

FrostByte
8 hours ago, Ballinboi3546 said:

Hey guys, maybe I'm missing something but I have no way to filter content the same way I could natively on my LG OLED Emby app or the android mobile app. The filter button exists but has next to no filterable criteria.

I'm particularly finding the way content was set to be handled for the Android tv app. I understand through researching prior posts a lot of changes were made at the requests of users; however, these should be optionable not global.

I wanted to filter mixed media content by file type as if I do play from here and the media type changes it fails to load if the next media is for example an image instead of another video. This happens on mobile and LG as well though. The difference is I can set a filter for mp4, mov, etc. Only on those devices and be fine. On my shield I can only filter by play state, favorites, 3D and resolution. In some folders I can sort by metadata like studio, genre, parental rating or year but still no media type filters.

Is this just missing or was this intentionally removed? The app experience on Android TV is so strangely different than the other apps which are pretty unified.

Lastly, videos can be sorted by runtime but it only sorts by shortest to longest with no reverse sort. 

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

For now, you could try sideloading the standard Android app on your device.  Both can be there at the same time.

Ballinboi3546

Hello,

yes, I can sideload the Android app, which I already had done; however, that doesn't resolve the issue, it merely moves goalposts essentially. Sideloading is only ideal for applications which are seldom used. This removes the ability of auto updates and presents an added layer of work for the end user.

If this was merely a visual preference, I would agree to an extent; however, this is a missing feature request.