One Library Not Showing In Emby Next Gen

ulrick65
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

ulrick65

@quickmic @Luke

I have been a long time user of the software, but been out of town on business for the past year.  Currently running 6.2.22, but after trouble started, I refreshed and tried 6.2.20 as well.

Issue is, I have 7 libraries in Emby (current version of Emby Server 4.7.6.0 and one of them simply does not present to Emby Next Gen in Kodi.  It works find Emby Server, it is there...I can go to the webpage and see all the media, I can play the media, no problems.  What seemed to trigger this is:

Today, I moved a bunch of movies from one library to another.  I have done this before and learned the hard way to do it in steps:

Shutdown KODI

Move media out of LibA to a staging location

Rescan the library, wait to finish

Start KODI let it update

Shutdown KODI

Move the media out of staging location to LibB

Rescan the library, wait to finish

Start KODI, let it update

All is usually good.  Worst case, I have to do a local database reset and that fixes it.

Today however, no matter what I do...the one Library is not there when I scan the media after a reset.  When it asked me to add the media, it shows 6 of the 7 libraries.

I have tried Local Database Reset multiple times.  I uninstalled the plug in and reinstalled the stable version, did another reset, uninstalled the stable, back to beta....everything works fine everytime except that one library will not show up.

I then removed the library in Emby Server and recreated it.  Before I did that, I removed the plugin from Kodi...so I know it was fresh.  Recreated the library in Emby, let it build and refresh...I can use the webpage, watch the media, it all shows up as normal...but same thing, will not show in Emby Next Gen.

I don't see any errors in Kodi log or in my emby log.

Any idea what might be going on here?  I am not sure if it's an Emby issue or an Emby Next Gen issue...so I tagged Luke as well.

Thanks.

• Like 1

quickmic

Well before digging into the actual reported problem, please try next-gen version 7.7.7 and verify if this issue appears there too.

Sync is way more improved by 7.X versions. Moving content from one library to another can indeed cause (out of sync) issues in 6.x versions.

Anyway, it doesn't explain why a complete library is not shown on Kodi, but let's give 7.x a try and please report if it already solves the issue.

ulrick65
7 hours ago, quickmic said:

Well before digging into the actual reported problem, please try next-gen version 7.7.7 and verify if this issue appears there too.

Sync is way more improved by 7.X versions. Moving content from one library to another can indeed cause (out of sync) issues in 6.x versions.

Anyway, it doesn't explain why a complete library is not shown on Kodi, but let's give 7.x a try and please report if it already solves the issue.

Will do.  I will report back. 

• Thanks 1

ulrick65
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

No dice.  I did a full database reset, then before doing the new connect...I deleted the old version (6.2.22) and rebooted.

Then I rebooted the Emby server and let it settle in.  I then installed 7.7.8 from the zip file, configured it and only the first 6 libraries are shown in the "Add" dialog.  I am using the default mode by the way (I don't remember the name, NOT "Native").  I did go ahead and select "All" even though it was not shown in the list, but of course that library still did not sync.

I will PM you both the emby log and the kodi log for the time period.

THanks.

• Like 1

• Solution
quickmic

Thanks for the log, looks quite ok to me. No crashes etc.

My, first guess. The Emby user selected (on Kodi) doesn not have the privileges to access the "missing" library.

Please check Emby user privileges and/or use an admin account for verification.

• Thanks 1

ulrick65
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for the log, looks quite ok to me. No crashes etc.

My, first guess. The Emby user selected (on Kodi) doesn not have the privileges to access the "missing" library.

Please check Emby user privileges and/or use an admin account for verification.

OMG!  I can't believe the number of hours I lost due to this stupid rookie mistake! 🤬

Thank you very much for pointing that out...I feel so dumb.  What is even worse, is that obviously this library has not been working for a long time...I never noticed it before is all.  But this time I moved so many media items to it, that I noticed the difference.

Wow...that's about 5 hours of my life I can't get back!

Oh well...at least I got the new Beta installed!  🤣

Thanks again...much appreciated.

• Like 1