Often media is being remuxed without reason

horstepipe

horstepipe

Hello

I'm quite often seeing media being remuxed by the server which is not needed. So if I disable remux for that user, the media plays direct, fine.

I'm aware that this doesn't take much resources, but still feels quite unnecessary.

So what would be best: Report it on every file I see, including logs? Most times this happens on IOS devices so I can't send inapp logs from there.

Alternatively I could request a new option, to only allow remuxing for live tv, but not for "regular" media.

What would you suggest?

Best regards

Happy2Play

@horstepipe I would assume this should be in the iOS section if an iOS issue or are you saying is applies to all clients?

Yes logs are needed to show why it is remuxing.

horstepipe
15 hours ago, pwhodges said:

If you bring up Stats for Nerds while it's happening, what does it give as the reason?

Paul

playback errors are being resolved

If the video player reports a problem with the file, the app will switch to other methods in order to ensure successful playback.

horstepipe
16 hours ago, Luke said:

If the video player reports a problem with the file, the app will switch to other methods in order to ensure successful playback.

I‘m aware. But as I said the video direct plays fine when disabling remux for the user.