Strange frames dropped issue.

EliteOtaku

EliteOtaku

I downloaded Eyes wide shut here BT.

Using Emby in Synology DS1019 docker official newest version, OS win11 up-to-date.

1. play with Edge, frames dropped.

2. play with Emby Theater(windows desktop version) with potplayer, frames dropped.

3. play with Emby THeater(windows store version), smooth!

I don't think my local network has problem, but this problem seems so weird. Let me know if I need to provide more information/logs.

embyserver.txt

Edited by EliteOtaku

EliteOtaku

Tested another video file with Hevc coding, same thing happens.

image.png.051170290ad5674fb2024ab91803e330.pngimage.png.a58bcf099b0d296dfa3fa5e7c96eb111.png

I think I may find the point, it is about subtitle, there are small differences with SRT and ASS. If the video has to encode with subtitle, there will be dropped frames.

Will updated in next week. Hope this minor problem could be solved soon.

PS:

Just tested Wide Eyes Shut, dropped frames with and without subtitle. This really confused me.

EliteOtaku

Well, I think I found the point after doing some tests and searches.

If we play with Edge/Chrome, the browser may have problems with hevc/h265, we have to make sure the H/W to be enabled.

If we play with Emby Theater(windows desktop version) with potplayer(or anyother players), have to make sure the players to be able to H/W enabled.

I think Emby THeater(windows store version) is using its own decoder, that is why it is smooth.

If we use Emby Theater(windows desktop version) with its own player, it would be smooth too.

• Thanks 1