V1.3.4 display bug

Dickydodah!
Go to solution Solved by Dickydodah!,

Dickydodah!

I have a UE43KU6510 running V1.3.4 on server V4.7.6.0 and the new "Add home screen focus preview" option has a small bug in that the bottom of the library labels can still be seen. Pictures below may explain better. IMG_20220903_111938_548.thumb.jpg.e343ca1ac404e9f51a52a0c92616acf6.jpgIMG_20220903_112000_282.thumb.jpg.7f01ea3ddb997801e61af3812dd013a5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Dickydodah!

I've also just noticed that "Add ends at directly to video player" seems to have done the opposite as "ends at" is no longer available anywhere I can see. Also the cover picture is chopped off at the top and bottom but that might have always been like that 🙂

IMG_20220903_113842_909.thumb.jpg.ca15442d7f6e87b153994cabe1dd2b44.jpg

FrostByte

I'm not seeing some of these on my 2018 Q8FN, so maybe model specific.  I even switched to regular sized My Movies and can't see the bottom edge of the lettering.

I don't use CA though, so maybe that is part of it the issue with the second pic.

The End Time in Info however is missing on mine.

Edited by FrostByte

playthegame1919
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, what problem do you have?

The same in this topic in display with Add home screen focus preview

playthegame1919
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Where are you looking for the end time display?

the bottom of the library labels can still be seen. the same like the picture in this topic and when i launch emby the details don't appear i have to move to next movie or shows to see details i like this option i Hope that can be fix Thanks 

Dickydodah!
On 03/09/2022 at 16:19, Luke said:

Where are you looking for the end time display?

In the Info panel. Previously it showed the date and runtime followed by the "ends at"

image.thumb.jpeg.f9f337159c1e6e9efae20d910ee1cc7d.jpeg

Now it shows the rating, date and runtime but no ends at.

IMG_20220903_113842_909.thumb.jpg.1361d036e7024e8213e3653e4a4e7414.jpg

I can see that the cover art was chopped off in previous versions just never noticed it.

I have also found another bug with the playback which is more serious as it crashes the app I shall open another issue for this once I have all the details.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 6:27 AM, Dickydodah! said:

I have a UE43KU6510 running V1.3.4 on server V4.7.6.0 and the new "Add home screen focus preview" option has a small bug in that the bottom of the library labels can still be seen. Pictures below may explain better. IMG_20220903_111938_548.thumb.jpg.e343ca1ac404e9f51a52a0c92616acf6.jpgIMG_20220903_112000_282.thumb.jpg.7f01ea3ddb997801e61af3812dd013a5.jpg

Is it possible to reduce the gap between Movies & My Media as we see in the first snapshot? It looks really weird.

• Like 1

FrostByte
6 minutes ago, OM2K21 said:

Is it possible to reduce the gap between Movies & My Media as we see in the first snapshot? It looks really weird.

I brought this up in the Android thread to remove that gap.  One of the devs mentioned possibly adding some sort of backdrop there from the currently selected library, or something.  Not sure what direction they will go in though.

It only shows up when using the enhanced home page because it uses that space to show the other information

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, FrostByte said:

I brought this up in the Android thread to remove that gap.  One of the devs mentioned possibly adding some sort of backdrop there from the currently selected library, or something.  Not sure what direction they will go in though.

It only shows up when using the enhanced home page because it uses that space to show the other information

I see, it will be nice to have a streamlined behavior across the platform. Right now, it's too much confusion, different behavior across different platform.

FrostByte

I was finally able to duplicate the picture where the bottom of the Media libraries is shown.  It seems to only show up if you have a Continue Watching line like in Dickydodah!'s picture.  If something else like Next Up is the next section, then I don't see it.

Dickydodah!

I have tried changing the "Continue Watching" to "Next Up (Legacy)" and it does also get rid of the small artifacts so that is a temporary solution for anyone who is bugged by this. Personally I'm not going to use the "Add home screen focus preview" anyway as @OM2K21 said "it looks weird" 🙂 I'm more concerned about the missing "Ends At"

I always like to try out the new functionality but it has to be wife freindly before it gets used permanently.

15 hours ago, Dickydodah! said:

I'm more concerned about the missing "Ends At"

If you press up arrow instead of down during playback, do you have the ends at time on the right hand side of the timeline?

Dickydodah!

Hi, I had seen that the time remaining was on the right and can see it counting down but I didn't realize that the number after the slash was the end time 🤣. I would say that it's not as user friendly or intuative as having it in the info display with the words "Ends At" and it would be nice if it went back there in a future build.

Well done for finding it 👍

• Like 2

FrostByte
25 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

Hi, I had seen that the time remaining was on the right and can see it counting down but I didn't realize that the number after the slash was the end time 🤣. I would say that it's not as user friendly or intuative as having it in the info display with the words "Ends At" and it would be nice if it went back there in a future build.

Well done for finding it 👍

Agree, not sure why it can't be in both places.

• Agree 2

@FrostByte Same issue for me as soon as i open the app the top filed is blank but a item is select. then i fi move to a different item then it starts to work. Pease check out the video then when i scoll all the way down the select movie or tv shows blanks out 

Edited by AndreaXheli
  • Like 1

• Solution
Dickydodah!

The new "Add home screen focus preview" option small bug in that the bottom of the library labels can still be seen has been fixed in V 1.3.5 which is available for download. The ends at time is not back in the info pane but hopfully that can return in a future release.

• Thanks 1

Thank you! Yes when you click on the library labels now we are getting some info on top. it would be nice to also get a background what that info. so for example it if i click on the movies media lable now on top i get a random movie info "love it" but it would also be nice to get a background with that so it make it look more appealing then a black screen with info on top

Also when you fist launch the app it dose not show the info I have to select a different movie or show for it to start to work. I use continue watching for the top

Please see image when select media tabs

Edited by AndreaXheli

Dickydodah!
17 hours ago, AndreaXheli said:

Thank you! Yes when you click on the library labels now we are getting some info on top. it would be nice to also get a background what that info. so for example it if i click on the movies media lable now on top i get a random movie info "love it" but it would also be nice to get a background with that so it make it look more appealing then a black screen with info on top

Also when you fist launch the app it dose not show the info I have to select a different movie or show for it to start to work. I use continue watching for the top

Please see image when select media tabs

image.thumb.jpeg.508b6b66a7993e52cb2db5a45db45521.jpeg

Hi, I would suggest you open this as a new issue or feature request as V1.3.5 fixed the actual display problem in V1.3.4. I will mark it as solved

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1