Continue Watching no longer on Home screen after upgrade to 4.7.5.0

vick1982

vick1982

continue watching on mine never right now...even when I finished watching it will come up as the last time I was half way on the strip.. in theatre or browser etc... Is this a known issue?

vick1982
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there @vick1982 can you please provide a specific example?

Thanks !

That's the example...

When first going into emby theatre or browser home page... The continue watching strip has lots of shows that I already finished as half way etc when they have been finished. If you go into the shows menu it is fine and shows the show as watched. It's only issue with the home strip ... I figured it an server issue since it has problem on both theatre and browser 

• 4 weeks later...
vick1982

hi.. yes still shows on the continue watching strip shows that are already finished as only half way or whatever point when I last paused it etc ... what settings am I checking for in home screen settings? 

1 hour ago, vick1982 said:

hi.. yes still shows on the continue watching strip shows that are already finished as only half way or whatever point when I last paused it etc ... what settings am I checking for in home screen settings? 

The ones where you can control which libraries are factored into continue watching.

vick1982
7 hours ago, Luke said:

The ones where you can control which libraries are factored into continue watching.

but I want to keep using continue watching strip on homepage .. I just want it to be correct and only show things that haven't been finished watching already... but it still keeps showing things already watched in there... see attached pic... for example.. the handmaid's tale episode is already watched but still shows up in continue watching with the progress bar somewhere my wife must have paused it when watching but then finished it... but it still shows here

embycw.png

Happy2Play
15 minutes ago, vick1982 said:

but I want to keep using continue watching strip on homepage .. I just want it to be correct and only show things that haven't been finished watching already

You will have to manually edit mark as played on each or multi-select mark played to clear the existing Resume point.

vick1982
11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You will have to manually edit mark as played on each or multi-select mark played to clear the existing Resume point.

but why do I have to manually keep doing this forever ?   there shouldn't be an existing resume point that's what I'm saying.. no one has started watching the episodes again..  if you go into the series itself and navigate to that episode it shows correctly as finished with no resume point. Its only showing like this on the homescreen continue watching strip

Edited by vick1982

Happy2Play

What client is not reporting the watched status, as it is probably impossible to tell now unless you have have logs for exactly when it happens.  I can say I have not seen or had a issue with CW.

Or you have a database issue in your userdata table.

Or multiple items with different metadata ids.

Show the specific examples of CW row showing resume point while entering that episode does not.  As I don't see this even being possible.