iOS 8.0.2 Web Client -iPhone 6

nsmal24

maybe he means "Live Streaming" = the HLS live stream variation. Yes, if that's the case, then live tv is one of the few cases where it is an HLS Live Stream. The vast majority of other cases it's just a plain HLS VOD (video on demand). So maybe that's the difference.

Cheesegeezer

There's a good possibilty these are issues with ios 8 itself. I heard there were many problems so i'm still on 7. Plus they've finally released an untethered JB FOR 7.1.2. Need to check this out first to see if it works.

i dont have any live stuff to check otherwise i would.

I had this issue before iOS 8 was released - I was running both iOS 7 and 8 issue happened on iOS 7 as well. 

For me the issue started oh back in May / June of 2014 give or take not sure if a server change happened in that time frame to the way that LiveTV streaming was being dealt with. Due to not having access to older version of the server I can not setup a test box and revert back till it works so we can see what version changed how LiveTV was being handled.

i reproduced the issue on ios7 also. however, it is possible that apple's hls "improvements" were made to both 7 and 8.

Anyway I can get a version of the server from let's say April 2014 that I can put up on a test box to see if the issue is the same with that version? (assuming that ServWMC will work still with that version)

cpaowner

I would like to note that these live TV issues also occur while trying to use the eyeTV web client (totally separate from mb3), so this is more likely an iOS 7/8 issue than a mb3 issue. It would be cool if we could figure out a proper workaround though.

denethor

Well, I am doing my testing on an ios8 device and HLS is fine here (albeit except with live tv). I am only commenting on what I am seeing.

Sorry for being confusing. All I am trying say was "even all alternative browsers are using Safari as a base, using alternative browsers may make a difference in this specific area."

Because same thing happened to me with Dvbviewers Ffmpeg based recording service after iOS 7 and using Chrome solved my problem. Both problems looked similar to me and I just offered possible workaround. And this is only applies to streaming of Live Tv nothing else. I don't have problems with movies, tv shows etc.

Oopsjoppe

My take is that I agree with mbnwa regarding when Safari streaming stopped working for me. Somewhere in early summer 2014 this problem started to show, doesn't matter what iOS version I've tried - I'm still on iOS7. Before this summer LiveTV was working flawless in Safari, the same way it still works on my desktop or any other device.

you can build the source code but that's not something everyone can do. we are still working on chasing it down. given the reports of bugs introduced in iOS, we have to take that into consideration.

@@Luke I assume this is built via MS Visual Studio? I pulled the commit version from git that I "think" works but want to verify the tools required to build (I normally build and develop on linux) If this version builds and runs correct I figured I could do git-bisect and figure out what commit broke streaming (assuming that streaming works in commit bc0d87b7a6d2701bee349f6771c661a17afed3e2 as I think it did)

Edited by mbnwa

ok I will poke around and see if I can compile the version I think works with Live TV - I have a new VM setup already waiting for the build so when I get this thing to build out I can test the builds fairly quickly 

Edited by mbnwa

@@Luke well I have the version built and running however the Live TV Plugin does not seem to be functional on this version any longer - I might need to shoot a message off to @@krustyreturns to see if the plugin is the issue or if he might have an archived version of the plugin I can drop into the plugin directory.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree this has been a long standing issue - I know you guys are busy on new features but should the old features that used to work be a priority as well?

I have been unable to get a version of ServerWMC that works with the older version of MBS so I am unable to conduct my testing.

Edited by mbnwa