HLS in Android Kills App and Server's Ability to Play to Web Client

thefirstofthe300

thefirstofthe300

I have been playing around with the app now for a little while and was testing for bugs.  One that I noticed was that when I have HLS enabled in the settings, I can play a video from the beginning.  However, if I use the slider to skip ahead a long ways, it causes the playback to hang and the app becomes unresponsive.  What makes this even more interesting is that the server will not playback to the webclient after the Android app crashes.

I attached the logs for both the client and the server.

client-dc68ac52-9811-4223-b9af-d2b8f1c71598.txt

server-6354811679967.txt

techywarrior

I've noticed similar behavior in all clients if there ffmpeg crashes/stall/etc. If you play a video and ffmpeg fails for whatever reason you can no longer play anything that requires ffmpeg without restarting the server (or finding ffmpeg in task manager and killing it).

Nothing shows in the transcode or server log tho so I haven't been able to narrow down what directly causes the problem.

Luke, is there any way to monitor the ffmpeg process and see if it stalls so it can be restarted in some sort of automatic way?

• Like 1

dlf_happy

I can confirm that bug (running the current release server 3.0.5390.25829 and app).

Edited by dlf_happy