tvOS 16

cwills75

cwills75

Is anyone running the beta tvOS 16 and Emby?  Are there any improvements?  I've got the latest ATV 4K and the Emby app is mostly unusable with most 4K/HDR material causing stuttering and the entire UI is just light years behind Emby on Shield.  I keep hoping someday it will work right, but I dunno.  So people don't just tell me to buy a Shield Pro, I also have one of them on the TV, but still use ATV for SDR (for LLDV), Shield Pro for HDR.

• 2 weeks later...
Audiomixer
On 9/1/2022 at 7:53 AM, cwills75 said:

Is anyone running the beta tvOS 16 and Emby?  Are there any improvements?  I've got the latest ATV 4K and the Emby app is mostly unusable with most 4K/HDR material causing stuttering and the entire UI is just light years behind Emby on Shield.  I keep hoping someday it will work right, but I dunno.  So people don't just tell me to buy a Shield Pro, I also have one of them on the TV, but still use ATV for SDR (for LLDV), Shield Pro for HDR.

I too have both shields and 2 apple tv. One is running 15.6.1 and the other 16. Both run emby about the same and that is terrible concerning hdr DV content. Sdr is ok and streaming apps on the apple tv. For all things 4k hdr/dv passthrough i use the shield.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
PKZEmby

My ATV (most recent 4K version) auto updated to TVOS 16, I have a ton of navigation issues within the Emby app now.  Extremely frustrating unfortunately.

3 hours ago, PKZEmby said:

My ATV (most recent 4K version) auto updated to TVOS 16, I have a ton of navigation issues within the Emby app now.  Extremely frustrating unfortunately.

Hi, can you please describe what you mean exactly? Thanks.

vdatanet
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you please describe what you mean exactly? Thanks.

i guess this is it:

AlKaHall

No issues with playback for me, but I too have the navigation issues.  Navigating through the guide is like a puzzle...to scroll up or down you need to go left or right and try again up or down over each show segment.  Basically unusable if I want something below my favorites at the top of the guide.  Also, pressing the menu button to go back a screen only seems to work if I scroll all the way to the top menu bar of the current screen (which, if you're in the guide, is a nightmare).  

I've not noticed any other issues other than those two so far...

Two Apple TV 4K...same issues on both.

Edited by AlKaHall
  • Agree 1