Emby Premiere Device Limit

PaulW08

Hi,

I am getting the following messages when trying to use an Emby Premiere option from a web browser (chrome): 

Your Emby Premiere device limit has been exceeded. Please check with the owner of your Emby Server and have them contact Emby support at billingsupport@emby.media if necessary.

From my understanding ,web browsers didn't count towards this limit. Has that changed? It's okay if they do, I just want to be able to plan more accordingly. 

16 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Exactly what are you trying to access and is this your server or someone else's?

This is my server. I was trying to access Live TV.

I was actually testing to see if Emby restreams. For example, my IPTV provider provides 5 sessions different sessions. In the past I would use a program like xTeVe to do this. Where if 4 people were watching the same channel, it would only count as 1 session for the IPTV provider since xTeVe would be processing the stream and passing it to Emby. So I was loading up 6 different devices (web sessions and browsers), 5 playing the same IPTV stream, and 1 playing a different one, to test this, but then that is when I got hit with that message.

Browsers shouldn't count but I see your key in use on two servers with a lot of devices so you may have just been teetering right on the edge.

To clarify - browsers shouldn't count towards the limit, however, if you are already over the limit, they may be rejected from Premiere features.

@ebr, so I’ve removed that other sever. I was just doing it this weekend to test some m3u stuff. Didn’t know if it was my beta build of Emby or not causing issues, but since then I’ve uninstalled that server now that I’ve figured out the other issue.

So are you saying I shouldn’t be getting that message when loading my server from a browser at all?

Just now, PaulW08 said:

So are you saying I shouldn’t be getting that message when loading my server from a browser at all?

No, I'm saying its possible you could if you are already over the limit with other devices.

Just now, ebr said:

No, I'm saying its possible you could if you are already over the limit with other devices.

Okay got it. So if I’m over the limit, it’ll display that message regardless, even if it’s in a browser. This is helpful to know.

I realized I forgot to forget the key on that test server before uninstalling. Is that something I should be worried about?

21 minutes ago, PaulW08 said:

I forgot to forget the key on that test server before uninstalling. Is that something I should be worried about?

No, that won't be a problem.