TinyMediaManager Certification Ratings

moviefan
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

moviefan

Have been using TMM for some time now to perform automatic file renaming (after MediaCenterMaster went to shit due to Pete's extended absence and neglect) before moving movies into the area where Emby manages.

Was working great for some time but recently they have started changing the way the MPAA certifications are entered.  It used to just use the regular R, PG-13, etc ratings but now they are entered as "US:R / US:Rated R" for example instead.  This breaks all of Emby's parental controls since Emby doesn't recognize this format.

I understand this is not an Emby problem but ever since TMM started charging annual subscriptions and then moved their support channel to Reddit support has gone down the toilet.  Just a bunch of people on Reddit downvoting questions and being unhelpful.

Does anyone know of a fix for this situation or do I just need to delete the NFO files TMM creates before moving to Emby and let it rebuild on its own?

crusher11

Can you not just edit the TMM NFO files? Something like Notepad++ will let you find-and-replace across all NFO files at once. 

• Solution
Happy2Play

@moviefan What version of TMM?

What is TMM Certification format set to?

But am guessing this is the same as the other topic similar to this.

image.png.459c2fdc006b161267a7d7c3eb25595a.png

• Agree 1

moviefan

Thanks this was it.  I guess this was a new feature that was added at some point and when I rebuilt my system it changed to the long format.

I tried looking through all the settings but somehow missed it.

Nice that Emby support is better than TMM even for TMM!

Edited by moviefan

VirulentPip

I appear to have a similar issue, however this is using UK for certs. 

I have my nephew set up to see max "GB-15" however when using TMM even with UK set, it's just setting as "15" and Emby is only showing those that automatically had GB-15. Not quote sure what to do, is there a way to change in Emby config so that 15 = GB-15?

Edit - I changed to technical and now it's GB_15 .. Emby still doesn't see it lol

Edit 2 - What makes even less sense is that U and PG are fine without the GB- but 12 and 15 are hidden. 

Edited by VirulentPip

2 hours ago, VirulentPip said:

I appear to have a similar issue, however this is using UK for certs. 

I have my nephew set up to see max "GB-15" however when using TMM even with UK set, it's just setting as "15" and Emby is only showing those that automatically had GB-15. Not quote sure what to do, is there a way to change in Emby config so that 15 = GB-15?

Edit - I changed to technical and now it's GB_15 .. Emby still doesn't see it lol

Edit 2 - What makes even less sense is that U and PG are fine without the GB- but 12 and 15 are hidden. 

Hi there, we'd have to look at a specific example to help. Thanks.

VirulentPip

Well if in the Metadata, say via NFO import the certification while set under UK/GB setting is anything other than GB-15 specifically, be it just 15 or GB_15 and you have it set to show Max GB-15 in Parental Control only those specifically GB-15 are shown, not 15 or GB_15 which TMM write to NFO. 

I've shifted over to US certs as those are written as they are in Emby so makes life easier. But would be great to have it that if you set UK/GB and have certification of 12 12A 15 or 18 or GB_XX that they are seen and not just GB-XX

Oh another thing, still with certifications, if set Max to R/MA etc for US setting, stuff that is GB-18 are shown, might need to look into that too, as the next up in US setting is NC-17 which even that shouldn't be showing GB-18.  

Edited by VirulentPip
  • Thanks 1