General setup questions and queries

Weemisty

Weemisty

Hi,
I have some general questions and queries I would like to ask with regard to the EmbyCon set-up procedure. I did try doing a quick search, but couldn't immediately find the answers I was looking for, so apologies in advance if any of these questions have been asked before by other users:-

1. How are local sub-title files handled on Emby/EmbyCon? I wasn't entirely sure what I needed to tick/un-tick on the subtitle section of the Emby server, so that my local subtitle files are identified when needed. 
2. How does the skin view section on the EmbyCon addon work? On my set-up, the view options are blanked out, so haven't been able to specify any views.
3. When an episode has completed, I'm seeing an EmbyCon notification to play the next episode. Can you tell me where I need to go to disable this feature, as the I'm using the Kodi 'Up Next' addon for that particular task.
4. I noticed if a movie is appearing in Kodi with a resume point visible, it seems I'm not able to reset this from Kodi. If I wanted to reset these items or mark them as watched, do I need to do this from Emby server side?
5. If I have resume point showing for a particular HD movie, but also have a 4K copy of the same movie, both items are appearing on the 'In Progress' widget in Kodi. I find this a little annoying, as I'm seeing both movies with the same resume points, when I was only watching the HD movie or vice versa. Is there any setting I can enable to prevent this behaviour from occurring within Kodi?    
6. Invariably, sometimes I have to create artwork manually if none actually exists. Until now I have been storing my working files in a folder called 'Artwork' within the actual movie or TV show folder. I noticed when browsing my TV shows in Kodi that quite a lot of the shows had a wrong season count. I believe this is being caused by my Artwork folder, as these are also appearing as a active season on the Emby Server. Is there any practical advise on how I can avoid this happening? I don't really want to move all my Artwork folders to another location, as having them included in the TV show folder seemed like the most logical place to store them at the time, particular as they were never included in any scrape on Kodi.  

I hope the above makes reasonable sense and apologies again if I am asking stuff that has been asked before. If there is no solution for questions 4-6, then no worries, but I thought I would ask anyway. It's been 3-4 years since I last used EmbyCon and I must say the addon is even better now.
Really appreciate all your efforts with this addon.

Cheers

TeamB
2 hours ago, Weemisty said:

1. How are local sub-title files handled on Emby/EmbyCon? I wasn't entirely sure what I needed to tick/un-tick on the subtitle section of the Emby server, so that my local subtitle files are identified when needed. 

local on kodi, they are not, only subtitles on the emby server are usable.

2. How does the skin view section on the EmbyCon addon work? On my set-up, the view options are blanked out, so haven't been able to specify any views.

In the settings this is just a read only list of what your default view is for each content type is. To set this you need to navigate to an item of a type like a movie or an episode then open the EmbyCon context menu and select "Set as default view" this will use the current view when showing that sort of item. This is useful if you have a particular view you like to use for say episodes, instead of having to change the view and have kodi remember it you can just set and it will be used for all episodes lists in the future.

3. When an episode has completed, I'm seeing an EmbyCon notification to play the next episode. Can you tell me where I need to go to disable this feature, as the I'm using the Kodi 'Up Next' addon for that particular task.

In the EmbyCon settings Events, set "Play next episode after %" to 100%, you will need to restart Kodi.

4. I noticed if a movie is appearing in Kodi with a resume point visible, it seems I'm not able to reset this from Kodi. If I wanted to reset these items or mark them as watched, do I need to do this from Emby server side?

Bring up the EmbyCon context menu and select either "Mark watched" or "Mark unwatched"

5. If I have resume point showing for a particular HD movie, but also have a 4K copy of the same movie, both items are appearing on the 'In Progress' widget in Kodi. I find this a little annoying, as I'm seeing both movies with the same resume points, when I was only watching the HD movie or vice versa. Is there any setting I can enable to prevent this behaviour from occurring within Kodi?    

If this item is in two libraries it might cause this. Not sure as I have not seen this before. Try creating a new node with in progress for just the library you are interested in.

6. Invariably, sometimes I have to create artwork manually if none actually exists. Until now I have been storing my working files in a folder called 'Artwork' within the actual movie or TV show folder. I noticed when browsing my TV shows in Kodi that quite a lot of the shows had a wrong season count. I believe this is being caused by my Artwork folder, as these are also appearing as a active season on the Emby Server. Is there any practical advise on how I can avoid this happening? I don't really want to move all my Artwork folders to another location, as having them included in the TV show folder seemed like the most logical place to store them at the time, particular as they were never included in any scrape on Kodi.  

If Emby server is showing them as a season then so will EmbyCon. You will need to work out how to stop that, this is more a server question so might be best to ask in the General server forum.

• Thanks 1

Weemisty

Many thanks for coming back to me. Really appreciate it and all your replies make perfect sense.

Great feedback.

Cheers