120fps movies not playing

smgsmagus

smgsmagus

hi!

I have some GoPro content in 60 and 120fps recorded. 60fps movies works without any problem, but 120fps not. All I can see is first frame and then video freeze. Audio plays normally though. Bitrate is constant on both - 100mbit/s. Can it be looked at?

I'm using Emby on RPi4 and client is AndroidTV version of Emby app. Both are newest versions.

caffeineshock

from my expirience, android tv on a tv sux. not because of the android part but because the tv manufacturer use cheap (very cheap actually) SOCs 

thats why i bought a nvidia shield. i also had issues with high framerate / high bitrate video (100mbit 4k 60fps) and i was not able to play them on my tv but on my pc so i knew it was the tvs fault. after switching to the shield pro (which is just an overkill but thats the point) i never had not a single playback issue. no matter what i threw at it. 

so... try playing the same content on a device you know can handle it, like a pc with a dedicated gpu or powerfull igpu (watchout and avoid transcoding since not every browser supports all the codecs. microsoft edge is the best when it comes to codec support). if this works then you know its your tvs fault (which it probably is)

Edited by caffeineshock