Impossible install last Emby on Samsung TV QE65Q9FNA

Super957

Super957

My friend has Samsung TV QE65Q9FNA and try to install last tizen 1.3.3 but receive and popup with warning that app cannot be installed on TV.

Please for this model which Tizen i can install ?

Thank

Hispa

Hispanico957
8 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Can you post a picture of the error message?  It should install

Yes here is 

Thank for your help

Hidpa 

IMG-20220829-WA0065.jpg

FrostByte

Is the TV connected to the internet when installing?  The app will sometimes fail security checks if not.

Super957
On 8/30/2022 at 12:58 AM, FrostByte said:

Is the TV connected to the internet when installing?  The app will sometimes fail security checks if not.

No i am connected on internet trough lan and work good.

This happened with version 1.3.3. I try also different usb stick but same problem. I live and use Emby in Italy

How solve ??

Hispa

Edited by Super957

Super957

Please some solutions ???

A different version or customized version of Emby ?

Thank again

Hispa

Super957
On 9/1/2022 at 10:46 PM, Super957 said:

Please some solutions ???

A different version or customized version of Emby ?

Thank again

Hispa

Please someone can you help ti find solution ?

Hispa

• 4 months later...
Sensei89

Hello, I have the same error on my Samsung TV running Tizen OS 1310 (it is the latest firmware for it and it cannot be update) , on another TV I had the same error but it worked after a firmware update of the TV. Can someone share a older version of emby like .85? 

Thanks

7 hours ago, Sensei89 said:

Hello, I have the same error on my Samsung TV running Tizen OS 1310 (it is the latest firmware for it and it cannot be update) , on another TV I had the same error but it worked after a firmware update of the TV. Can someone share a older version of emby like .85? 

Thanks

HI, what do you mean by .85?

Sensei89

1.0.85 but the real question is... Do we have a place from where we can download older version of emby (an archive folder) so in this way I can try to test which one is the latest version compatible with the this firmware?

14 minutes ago, Sensei89 said:

1.0.85 but the real question is... Do we have a place from where we can download older version of emby (an archive folder) so in this way I can try to test which one is the latest version compatible with the this firmware?

The  monthly usb updates are here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/tree/master/tizen

And they go back three years, although unfortunately, there's no way to tell the version number of each one so you'd have to just download based on a time frame.

Sensei89

Luke this is perfect, I know the link but I didn't noticed that you can download also the past versions.

Thank you very much! 

Edited by Sensei89

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Super957

I made some test and i see that dvdfab converted from il 4k 10 bit HDR dolby vision hdr10+ to 4k 8bit SDR.
I think that the problem is 10 bit HDR...

Thank

Hispa

Super957

Find problem and solution thank to my friend LICDOM: metadati hdr10+ togheter dolby vision. Reccode video, using hdr10plus_tool, only with metadati Dolby Vision and without hdr10+, solve problem for all FireStick TV

Procedure (Screenshot numbers in brackets) :

MKVTollNix ==> https://mkvtoolnix.download/

and install

gMKVExtractGui ==>  https://sourceforge.net/projects/gmkvextractgui/

and copy in directory of MKVTollNix

Software to download and put in a folder together with the movie with both Dolby Vision and HDR10+ metadata

hdr10plus_tool.exe ==> https://github.com/quietvoid/hdr10plus_tool

We have in one folder both the film with Dolby Vision and HDR10+ metadata and the hdr10plus_tool.exe file (1)

We open the gMKVExtractGui program and drag the movie from which you need to delete the HDR10+ metadata into the large upper box

As you can see from the screenshot (2) above, select track 1 (Track 1) which is that of the video, tick the Use Source box and click on the Extract button. The program extracts the video track of the movie and copies it to the same directory where the complete movie is located. (3)

The file with the .hevc extension is just the video track with both Dolby Vision and HDR10+ metadata. Open the Command Prompt window and go to the directory where all three files are located (4)

Write in dos this command:

Write this command (this is my example) and press enter to execute the command (5) - (6)

hdr10plus_tool.exe remove "F:\BluRay_Rip\Tutorial HDR10+ Metadata Deletion\The Little Mermaid - The Little Mermaid (2023) WebDl Rip 2160p H265 10 bit DV HDR10+ ita eng AC3 5.1 sub ita eng Licdom_track1_[ita].hevc"-o "F :\BluRay_Rip\HDR10+ Metadata Deletion Tutorial\La Sirenetta - The Little Mermaid (2023) WebDl Rip 2160p H265 10 bit DV HDR10+ ita eng AC3 5.1 sub ita eng Licdom_track1_[ita] senza hdr10+.hevc"

(The command line is: hdr10plus_tool remove video.hevc -o hdr10plus_removed_output.hevc)

The command deletes the HDR10+ metadata leaving only the Dolby Vision metadata and now you will have 4 files in the directory (7)

Now I recreate the mkv file with all the tracks, audio, subtitles and videos with only Dolby Vision metadata. I open MKVToolNix and drag the original movie with the video track containing both metadata into the upper box (8)

I deselect the first track, the video track in the lower box (9)

I drag the video track with only the Dolby Vision metadata into the top text box of MKVToolNix (10)

I select the video track I just imported into MKVToolNix and change the metadata in the right box. (11)
I put 2160p Video in the Track Name text box
I click on und next to the word language and in the window that appears I choose the Italian language (or other language)
In the Destination File text box I enter the name of the final file that will be created.
I click on the Start Multiplexing button and MKVToolNix will create the final file with only the Dolby Vision metadata

In the folder we will now have 5 files including the one with only the Dolby Vision metadata (12) ...this can be used on Emby with FireStick TV without issue.

Hispa

one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

Edited by Super957
  • Thanks 1

Super957

PLEASE ADMIn...delete my last post, because I wanted to post the tutorial on another post, which I then did.

Excuse me @Abobader

Hispa