My Adm user is no longer Adm.

Daniel_breder

Daniel_breder

Today I tried to access my server, and invalid user appeared. I checked on the server computer, and the local disk C was out of space. I believe the database has become corrupted.

I fixed the lack of space in C drive

I did the procedure to reset the admin password, but when accessing the user, all the admin functions disappeared, and it was as a common user. I am not able to activate admin on it again. I checked the status in the policy file, and it has admin active.

I have a Backup from 2 days ago, but I have no idea how to restore the server to this backup.

What should I do, and how?

Edited by Daniel_breder

Happy2Play
13 minutes ago, Daniel_breder said:

I lost admin access. I believe it may have corrupted the database because my local disk C ran out of space. I am unable to enable admin access again on this user.

I've tried to reset password, and check in the policy if it appears as adm (yes). What should I do?

I have a database backup from 2 days ago, but I have no idea how to restore my server with that backup.

Does freeing up space on C drive and restarting Emby resolve the issue?

You can verify the user policy also.  If incorrect with Emby shutdown change from false to true on the correct user.

Path will be something like C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\config\users\userid folder

Edited by Happy2Play

Daniel_breder
11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You can verify the user policy also.  If incorrect with Emby shutdown change from false to true on the correct user.

Path will be something like C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\config\users\userid folder

None of these procedures solved my problem, that's the reason I need help.
As is said before, i already checked policy. ITs "true" but user still without admin acess.

I believe it is a corrupted database. I don't know how to use backup to restore the database ( since i'm unable to access the admin panel)

Edited by Daniel_breder

Happy2Play

Those are the only two things. 

I guess you could go to the system.xml and change IsStartupWizardCompleted to false, start Emby and create a new admin user and click next through the rest of the setup to see if that works.

Happy2Play
33 minutes ago, Daniel_breder said:

I have a Backup from 2 days ago, but I have no idea how to restore the server to this backup.

What does this mean?  Are you referring to a Emby Server Configuration Backup or a System backup?

Don't believe plugin backup would be much help here.  If a system backup then you should be able to restore the entire Emby-Server\programdata folder.