EmbyServer Error

Aquardz

Aquardz

Helloooo Emby Team,

I've been having some annoying issues lately with the system

Every morning after waking up I switch my screen on to this message:

"EmbyServer.exe - System Error"

"A new guard page for the stack cannot be created."

In which the only way to fix it and get Emby running again is to restart my machine.

You don't have to scroll down far in the log file to get to any of the errors, it seems there are some system.null reference exceptions.

embyserver-63797179160.txt

Hi.  It looks like you may have some corrupted information in your install.  Did you happen to run out of space on the Emby system drive at some point or have a power failure or something like that?

Can you try re-installing the latest version over top of yours?

Aquardz

Hi ebr,

No I have not, my server runs on an M.2 drive with 308GB still free.

I will try re-installing and let you know how it goes.

hi, where exactly in the log file is this? I see lots of errors coming from the MessageUsers plugin, so try removing that.

12 hours ago, Luke said:

hi, where exactly in the log file is this? I see lots of errors coming from the MessageUsers plugin, so try removing that.

As far as what I was referencing, the first error in the log is a deserialization failure (I think) trying to read a config file for a scheduled task.  So that led to the possibility that some of the configuration information had been corrupted somehow but this also could just be a bad plug-in task or something.

Happy2Play

This appears to be the plugin update task.

2022-08-26 06:39:46.429 Error TaskManager: Error deserializing C:\Users\Aquardz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\ScheduledTasks\c27fda37-dfb6-e39b-e141-191aaa1c3060.js
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.6.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Aquardz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19044
	Framework: .NET 6.0.7
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Aquardz/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: C:\Users\Aquardz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Aquardz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type definitions should start with a '{', expecting serialized type 'TaskResult', got string starting with:                                                   
	   at ServiceStack.Text.Common.DeserializeTypeRefJson.StringToType(ReadOnlySpan`1 strType, TypeConfig typeConfig, EmptyCtorDelegate ctorFn, KeyValuePair`2[] typeAccessors) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/Common/DeserializeTypeRefJson.cs:line 173
	   at ServiceStack.Text.Common.DeserializeType`1.StringToTypeContext.DeserializeJson(ReadOnlySpan`1 value) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/Common/DeserializeType.cs:line 58
	   at ServiceStack.Text.Json.JsonReader.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<GetParseSpanFn>b__0(ReadOnlySpan`1 v) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/Json/JsonReader.Generic.cs:line 20
	   at ServiceStack.Text.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromSpan(Type type, ReadOnlySpan`1 value) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/JsonSerializer.cs:line 62
	   at ServiceStack.Text.NetCoreMemory.Deserialize(MemoryStream memoryStream, Boolean fromPool, Type type, DeserializeStringSpanDelegate deserializer) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/NetCoreMemory.cs:line 178
	   at ServiceStack.Text.NetCoreMemory.Deserialize(Stream stream, Type type, DeserializeStringSpanDelegate deserializer) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/NetCoreMemory.cs:line 150
	   at ServiceStack.Text.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromStream[T](Stream stream) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/JsonSerializer.cs:line 210
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromStream[T](Stream stream)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromFile[T](String file)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.get_LastExecutionResult()
	Source: ServiceStack.Text
	TargetSite: System.Object StringToType(System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Char], ServiceStack.Text.TypeConfig, ServiceStack.EmptyCtorDelegate, System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[System.String,ServiceStack.Text.Common.TypeAccessor][])

4 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

This appears to be the plugin update task.

2022-08-26 06:39:46.429 Error TaskManager: Error deserializing C:\Users\Aquardz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\ScheduledTasks\c27fda37-dfb6-e39b-e141-191aaa1c3060.js
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.6.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Aquardz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19044
	Framework: .NET 6.0.7
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Aquardz/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: C:\Users\Aquardz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Aquardz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type definitions should start with a '{', expecting serialized type 'TaskResult', got string starting with:                                                   
	   at ServiceStack.Text.Common.DeserializeTypeRefJson.StringToType(ReadOnlySpan`1 strType, TypeConfig typeConfig, EmptyCtorDelegate ctorFn, KeyValuePair`2[] typeAccessors) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/Common/DeserializeTypeRefJson.cs:line 173
	   at ServiceStack.Text.Common.DeserializeType`1.StringToTypeContext.DeserializeJson(ReadOnlySpan`1 value) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/Common/DeserializeType.cs:line 58
	   at ServiceStack.Text.Json.JsonReader.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<GetParseSpanFn>b__0(ReadOnlySpan`1 v) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/Json/JsonReader.Generic.cs:line 20
	   at ServiceStack.Text.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromSpan(Type type, ReadOnlySpan`1 value) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/JsonSerializer.cs:line 62
	   at ServiceStack.Text.NetCoreMemory.Deserialize(MemoryStream memoryStream, Boolean fromPool, Type type, DeserializeStringSpanDelegate deserializer) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/NetCoreMemory.cs:line 178
	   at ServiceStack.Text.NetCoreMemory.Deserialize(Stream stream, Type type, DeserializeStringSpanDelegate deserializer) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/NetCoreMemory.cs:line 150
	   at ServiceStack.Text.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromStream[T](Stream stream) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/JsonSerializer.cs:line 210
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromStream[T](Stream stream)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromFile[T](String file)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.get_LastExecutionResult()
	Source: ServiceStack.Text
	TargetSite: System.Object StringToType(System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Char], ServiceStack.Text.TypeConfig, ServiceStack.EmptyCtorDelegate, System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[System.String,ServiceStack.Text.Common.TypeAccessor][])

The server should recover from this though so I don't see that causing any significant problem.

Aquardz

Hi all, just an update.

I re-ran the Emby setup to re-install the server files and I have not been having any issue since *touch wood*.

Thanks for the quick replies.

• Thanks 2