Forever Scrobbles and Bluetooth conflicts with other Streaming apps.

mostynL

mostynL

I use Emby on Android to stream bluetooth in my car.

It works great. However, the last song that was playing from Emby servers starts acting weird, even while the Android device is inactive (after the car bluetooth is off)

1. My Emby server on linux v 4.6.7.0 is set to 'scrobble' to last.fm -- in this scenario it 'scrobbles' the same song that was playing when I shut the car off over and over for hours, even though the phone is idle and not connected to bluetooth.

2. When I start the car again and android reconnects, the song tries to play again. Which would be okay but there are two issues there:

--- a) I had switched to another application on the Android to stream music (without having pressed stop on the last track in Emby first)

--- b) when Emby tries to stream again, it does not send the metadata title and artist, and it skips (plays the same 3 seconds over and over, until I use another streaming app to take over.

Small issues !! But significant :) Hope this helps.

1. My Emby server on linux v 4.6.7.0 is set to 'scrobble' to last.fm -- in this scenario it 'scrobbles' the same song that was playing when I shut the car off over and over for hours, even though the phone is idle and not connected to bluetooth.

Hi there, I'm not quite sure I follow this. Can you please provide a specific example? thanks.

mostynL

Luke,

Trying to be specific: I'll be streaming a song from Emby server to my android Emby to my bluetooth device (car or headphones).

Then, the bluetooth device disconnects. Like the car is shut off or I turn off the headphones. (I'm 95% sure this is how it starts)

Even while the bluetooth is off, my scrobble log shows the song is being played every x minutes, almost as if it's on a loop. Sometimes it will scrobble the same song twenty time overnight. I should mention that the song is not being played as 'audio' as far as I know.

I sent you my scrobble link in pm. I usually delete the repeats because it messes with my stats but in the last 24 hours you can see Working Men's Club Window and Jack White's Taking Me Back (Gently)

Edited by mostynL

Hi, what version of Emby for Android do you have? Are you able to update to Emby Server 4.7.6?

mostynL

I updated the server to 4.7.5.0 over the weekend. This is the latest built in app version available on the TNAS F2-210). 

The Android Emby software is version 3.2.62

On 8/26/2022 at 10:21 PM, mostynL said:

Luke,

Trying to be specific: I'll be streaming a song from Emby server to my android Emby to my bluetooth device (car or headphones).

Then, the bluetooth device disconnects. Like the car is shut off or I turn off the headphones. (I'm 95% sure this is how it starts)

Even while the bluetooth is off, my scrobble log shows the song is being played every x minutes, almost as if it's on a loop. Sometimes it will scrobble the same song twenty time overnight. I should mention that the song is not being played as 'audio' as far as I know.

I sent you my scrobble link in pm. I usually delete the repeats because it messes with my stats but in the last 24 hours you can see Working Men's Club Window and Jack White's Taking Me Back (Gently)

Please attach the emby server log from when this happened. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi, yes this is something that we're looking into but it's caused by pausing (without stopping), and then coming back at some point later.