Android TV app poster not support IPV6

dantsai

dantsai

Hello, I just tried android TV app and found out the images including my avatar and movie poster cannot be shown.

After browsing articles in forum I realized it's due to the IPV6 setting of server.

But then I sideloaded the android app and suprisingly it's showing the images without any problem, so the real issues are the android TV app right?

Is Android TV app going to support IPV6?

Hi.  The Android Image library used by the TV app does not support IPv6 fully (the issue is actually only when a port is required which we do).  The standard app does not use this same library so you can use that app if you want to continue to have IPv6 enabled.

15 hours ago, justinrh said:

Is Android TV app going to support IPV6?

Hi.  The app Luke linked to should work fine and the only issue in the TV app should be with images not loading.  The issue is in an Android library the TV app uses to manage image loading.  It is the de-facto library for such operations but still has this issue with IPv6 if a port is involved.  You'd think they would have fixed it by now but there seems to be no movement on the issue.

However, this is not an issue for the standard app so we should be fine going forward.

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, dantsai said:

Hi @ebr. Does that mean every time I want to update the standard app on Android TV, I have to update manually by downloading the apk?

At this time, yes but we are working towards getting it in the store.