EmbyCon - New Folder

Weemisty

Weemisty

Hi,

I just added a 2nd folder to my main movie heading for 4K movies. These are now showing up with my regular HD and SD movies on both the Emby server and within Kodi. I was wanting to know if there was a simple way I could create a new node specifically for these 4K movies (using the folder path or resolution) that I could use as a category node on the Estuary skin? I have taken a quick look at creating a custom node on the EmbyCon addon in Kodi, but couldn't figure out a way to create this node.

Any feedback, tips or directions to any written instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

TeamB
2 hours ago, Weemisty said:

Hi,

I just added a 2nd folder to my main movie heading for 4K movies. These are now showing up with my regular HD and SD movies on both the Emby server and within Kodi. I was wanting to know if there was a simple way I could create a new node specifically for these 4K movies (using the folder path or resolution) that I could use as a category node on the Estuary skin? I have taken a quick look at creating a custom node on the EmbyCon addon in Kodi, but couldn't figure out a way to create this node.

Any feedback, tips or directions to any written instructions would be greatly appreciated.

I think the only way to do this would be to create a new library instead of just adding a new folder to an existing library. That way you would be able to view the All moves node and if you wanted you would also be to view each of the separate libraries.

Or you could create a new library with just the 4k movies and use that library in your node.

Weemisty
1 hour ago, TeamB said:

I think the only way to do this would be to create a new library instead of just adding a new folder to an existing library. That way you would be able to view the All moves node and if you wanted you would also be to view each of the separate libraries.

Or you could create a new library with just the 4k movies and use that library in your node.

Yeah, I did think of splitting the libraries as you've described, but I wasn't sure I would be able show the 4K movies as well my other movies when I selected the main Emby Movie menu item on the home screen on Estuary, ie show ALL Movies. 

I did have another quick tinker around with the custom node feature and created a new node called Emby.  When I clicked on it both my movie folders appeared. With a bit of trial and error, I was able to create a new Kodi node, linking the 4K folder using the Emby custom node I created. One thing I noticed, was not all the movie plot were displaying, although that not a huge deal....was just little curious why some movies were okay and other not. 

I'm going to try your suggestion to see if that works better though 

Many thanks for getting back to me. Much appreciated. 

EDIT: Just tried what you suggested and now have a fuller understanding, as I can now see an option for Global Lists, which covers both movies libraries when I select 'Show All'.

Great stuff. 

Edited by Weemisty

TeamB
8 hours ago, Weemisty said:

One thing I noticed, was not all the movie plot were displaying

Is it random or is it always the same items?

It could be skin related, try viewing the items/node when using the default skin, using the addon directly by going to the addons, selection embycon and then opening the node you want.

Weemisty
On 26/08/2022 at 22:48, TeamB said:

Is it random or is it always the same items?

It could be skin related, try viewing the items/node when using the default skin, using the addon directly by going to the addons, selection embycon and then opening the node you want.

It's okay, I actually went with your original suggestion and created to separate libraries.

Apologies for the delay in replying. Didn't realise you had responded.....😳