Calculate statistics for all users failed - first error i encounter

KristofG

KristofG

hi team

i just encountered my first real error since i started using Emby a few months ago.

i upgraded to 4.7.6.0 this morning running on a QNAP TVS-872XT.

Got the error via mail as well but the one showing in the dashboard is clearer it think:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Statistics.Helpers.Calculator.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass22_0.<calculatemoviequalities>b__2(VideoQualityModel p)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.FindIndex(Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, Predicate`1 match)
at Statistics.Helpers.Calculator.CalculateMovieQualities()
at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.MediaBrowser.Model.Tasks.IScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)</calculatemoviequalities>

any ideas what i have to do?

tx

Kristof

KristofG

just to add more information until i figure out an easy way to clear the log from the data that i don't to share, i can also tell you that it started failing right after the plug in 'Statistics' was updated to version 3.0.1.0 - which went automatically.

i just tried running the scheduled task manually and create the statistics and it failed again.

However this is a plugin i don't actually use - i really use 'Playback reporting' which gives me more of what i need.

perhaps i just need to restart my server - which i'm unable to do as i'm having 3 running watching movies at this time.

i'll try restarting during the night and run the task again manually and report back

tx

Happy2Play

@KristofG You can pm them to the Dev Hackthis02.

If you go to Settings-Logs and click on the log there is an anonymizes download option.

Happy2Play
14 minutes ago, CHA0SENG7NE said:

I guess this is sort of the drawback of using Emby cached metadata as Emby actually deletes files after 30 days.

I will guess this folder is empty or does not exist.

C:\Users\andyr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\cache\tvdb\80731

It looks like there is no cached metadata for series Long Way Down.  If you did a Refresh all or Refresh search for missing on that Series does the task complete?

hackthis02

@x2desmit it looks like you're also missing the TVDB Json files.

Did any of you just upgrade to 4.7 from 4.6? If so you may need to refresh your metadata so the TVDB plugin can download the files needed.

x2desmit
50 minutes ago, hackthis02 said:

@x2desmit it looks like you're also missing the TVDB Json files.

Did any of you just upgrade to 4.7 from 4.6? If so you may need to refresh your metadata so the TVDB plugin can download the files needed.

Yeah, I did the upgrade about a week ago. The Statistics just started failing last night. I'll start that and report back.

hackthis02

Confirm you have Json files in the subfolders of 

Windows:
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\cache\tvdb\
Linux:
/var/lib/emby/cache/tvdb

I'm using Emby server 4.8.0.8 and problems with Statistics started with version 3.0.1.0, with 3.0.0.0 it was working super fine. 3.0.1.1 and 3.0.2.0 did not help at all.

24 minutes ago, hackthis02 said:

Confirm you have Json files in the subfolders of 

Windows:
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\cache\tvdb\
Linux:
/var/lib/emby/cache/tvdb

I do have many Json files.

I did a refresh metadata on my TVShow Library. I'm attempting the same thing with my Movies Library. Will let you know.

hackthis02
35 minutes ago, magelo said:

I'm using Emby server 4.8.0.8 and problems with Statistics started with version 3.0.1.0, with 3.0.0.0 it was working super fine. 3.0.1.1 and 3.0.2.0 did not help at all.

I do have many Json files.

I did a refresh metadata on my TVShow Library. I'm attempting the same thing with my Movies Library. Will let you know.

Log file? Also, I believe 4.8.0.8 is a beta build, which I don't support beta builds.

Edited by hackthis02

x2desmit

Just restarted my Emby services and saw that the statistics plugin was updated. I manually ran the scheduled task and it completed successfully.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, hackthis02 said:

Log file? Also, I believe 4.8.0.8 is a beta build, which I don't support beta builds.

I'm still on Emby server 4.8.0.8 and Statistics 3.0.2.1 does't end in a failed state. But I'm not sure if I can conclude it ends successfully. Media Qualities has weird empty entries.

hackthis02
7 hours ago, magelo said:

I'm still on Emby server 4.8.0.8 and Statistics 3.0.2.1 does't end in a failed state. But I'm not sure if I can conclude it ends successfully. Media Qualities has weird empty entries.

Turn on debug logging and it will print out ever media item (episode and movies) and their res and codec. There you can see what every item is reporting as.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm jumping into this topic to advise that I too am having this issue, and wish to follow what the resolution is to this issue.

I'm on Emby 4.8.0.8 (running on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS).
The statistcs module when it last failed on schedule was 3.0.2.4
Refreshing the metadata for all my libraries has provided no improvement.
I have files in /var/lib/emby/cache/tvdb

The error I get in the GUI "Alerts area" is:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.MediaBrowser.Model.Tasks.IScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

In the process of isolating the "lines in the log" with the word statistics, I noticed that there was an update this afternoon to 3.0.2.5 (which I'll restart emby for after supper and try again)

in the mean time, using 3.0.2.4, I've turned on DEBUG LOGGING and ran another instance of the task, which also failed at 88% (after progressing nicely in 11% steps to that point) and this is what I see in the log `embyserver.txt` log file

<snipped>
2022-09-06 17:49:23.276 Debug Statistics: CalculateMovieQualities-episode Quantum Leap: 8 1/2 Months
2022-09-06 17:49:23.276 Debug Statistics: 1080p
2022-09-06 17:49:23.276 Debug Statistics: CalculateMovieQualities-episode Young Sheldon: 8-Bit Princess and a Flat Tire Genius
2022-09-06 17:49:23.276 Debug Statistics: 720p
2022-09-06 17:49:23.277 Error TaskManager: Error
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.8.0.8
        Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
        Operating system: Linux version 5.15.0-47-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-060) (gcc (Ubuntu 11.2.0-19ubuntu1) 11.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.38) #51-Ubuntu SMP
        Framework: .NET 6.0.8
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 4
        Data path: /var/lib/emby
        Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
        System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
        Source: statistics
        TargetSite: statistics.Models.Configuration.ValueGroup CalculateMovieQualities()

2022-09-06 17:49:23.277 Debug TaskManager: Calculate statistics for all users Failed after 0 minute(s) and 50 seconds
2022-09-06 17:49:23.278 Debug NotificationManager: Sending notification via Email Notifications to user <***AdminAccountName***>
2022-09-06 17:49:23.279 Info App: Sending email <***recipient***>@<***domain****> with subject Emby: Calculate statistics for all users failed

the order of files (epidoes and movies) in the preceding 10,000+ lines of log seems completely random, so I'm not sure how to tell whether it failed on Flat Tire Genius ... or the next file...

Happy2Play

@Karpana Does updating to 3.0.2.5 correct the issue?  As mine worked on .3 failed on .4 and works on .5.

Edited by Happy2Play